• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lug Key Identification

Did a quick forum search and didn't find anything so posting here. I need help identifying a lug key (pic below); yes that's right, I didn't check before I bought. It's on a 2005 F150 5.4 4x4 if that helps identify. I've called around a few places (including Ford) with no luck. I've also...
  2. Original Decal Repro

There's probably not much of an audience for this, but if you're as particular as me when it comes to the details, perhaps you can appreciate. I spent too much time looking for an '83 emissions sticker without turning up anything, got fed up with looking, and so I made my own...I've attached it...
  3. Gen I Clear Sidemarkers

Klearz has set up a group buy page for those interested in the topic title. Visit klearz.com/ranger.html for more info and to sign up.
  4. In Defense of a Nation

Just wanted to share real quick: Was leaving work today and noticed (mid 90's model but not entirely sure) a Ford Ranger being used by U.S. Air Force Law Enforcement to patrol the base. Kinda made me a little more proud to be an owner. Wish I had been quick enough to snap a pic...maybe next...
  5. Original Docs

Here's something you don't see every day...or maybe you do...? Was rummaging thru what I had pulled from the glove box 6 years ago and found I had these:
  6. Puking C5

Backstory: working on an '83 2.8 restoration with a rebuilt C5 auto (I did the rebuild five years ago...no problems then, but the truck sat for 4.5 years before I started the restoration). Problem: the trans is puking out about 5 tbs of fluid on startup, but only if the truck sits for a...
  7. Vacuum Lines

Went to the junkyard yesterday and found an original set of vacuum lines. Considered myself fortunate as these are hard to find, and the ones I found are in very good condition with minimal fading. However...apparently the vacuum system on an '85 2.8 (donor) is routed differently than on an...
  8. Confirmation Request

Doing some last minute checks before engine break in and I need confirmation on electrics: Starter solenoid: I know where the Pos and starter cables attach, but I have two other wires (one is red/short into harness; the other black/orange and runs along radiator support) and I want to be sure...
  9. Head Bolts

Quick question: Rebuilding and want to replace the head bolts. Ones that came off are a mix of Nedloy and Kamax. My question is: am I ok to buy 10.9 steel off the shelf (boltdepot.com), or should I go with something more specialized; and if more specialized, can you point me where to get...
  10. 1983 2.8 Ranger Resurrection

Hello everyone: Like everyone else, wanted to share my work in progress. Attached are the best before pictures I could find. Yes that's right, at the time, my poor ranger was nothing more than a hoodless plant holder. Since these photos were taken the engine compartment was gutted, cleaned...
  11. Fusable Link?

I'm usually pretty meticulous when it comes to "documenting" any work I do on my truck, but I must have passed over this one: A few years back I ripped out the engine compartment wiring harness as part of a project, had to put work on hold, and now I'm back. I could use some help from the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad