• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Taragon

2.9 TB differences.

A lot of guys have asked how to be able to tell the differences between the 50 and 58mm throttle bodies on the 2.9's, so heres 2 pics. In the top shot, you can see the wider section (white tag area) where the TPS mounts on the 58mm TB vs. the thinner (no white tag) section on the 50mm as well...
  2. Taragon

What would you pay? (Doubler)

Thinking of developing a doubler kit for the RBV t-case. The kit will include: -Rear adapter plate -Shaft -shift fork shaft to go through both cases for all forks to ride on. (just a thought here, gonna begin R&D on it tomorrow) Got a couple of focus group (you guys) questions... 1) What...
  3. Taragon

5.0 fuel system question.

I have 2 '96 Explorers. :headbang: One has a SOHC 4.0 V6 the other is a 5.0 V8. I want to swap the V6 into the V8 and vise versa. Simple question..... Do I also need to swap fuel pumps? Or are they the same for BOTH Explorers and I will have to swap ONLY the motors and...
  4. Taragon

Project 96 Explorer

Project 96 Explorer *UPDATED with pics!!!* Project Explorer has now begun!!! :yahoo: Its a 96 Explorer 4-door 2wd. Going with..... -78 D60 Front (3.54 Gears) -05(?) E-350 32sp D60 Rear (3.54 gears) -M5OD -13-54 Manual shift T-case -37" Tires (Dunno what brand or anything yet) Basically Im...
  5. Taragon

Measurement

I am getting ready to do an Solid axle swap on a 96 explorer. Anyone know what the STOCK measurement of the front frame rails? I thought they had coil suspension, but I now know they have torsen bar suspension... Oh well, no biggie, just a few more brackets to scrap.
  6. Taragon

Solve this mystery

I once had a 89 2.9 that backfired ONCE as I was shifting into 2nd gear. It went dead, and never started again. I had fire, fuel, and a clean air path. Timing was dead on and not worn or loose. No coolant leaks and perfect compression with no leaks. No broken rods, valve springs, bend vavles...
  7. Taragon

Interest?

Anyone interested in a step-by-step rebuild of the M5OD? If I do it, I'll do it WITH pics. Please post here if you want one!
  8. Taragon

How to tell

I have noticed a few people on here are askign how to tell the difference between a 2wd and a 4wd M5OD. Well, of course this is an easy job when the tailhousing is still installed, but what if its not? Its easy if you know what you are looking for... Below are pics of the differences. Here...
  9. Taragon

How to teardown an M5OD

Not stepping on AlanD's toes, but his article lacks pics that some may find useful. This is assuming that the trans is out of the vehicle. So...here's my stab at it! 1) Remove the rear housing from the trans 2) Remove the top cover from the trans 3) Slide both shift collars either forward...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad