• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 92dangerranger

My new toy.

Hey guy i know it's not a ranger but i figured it would still be appreciated if i posted it here. Check out my new 87 turbo coupe. It has 79k original miles. She only had one owner. He bought the car new in new york then moved to Kentucky. I just bought the car last week. I gave 3000 for the car...
  2. 92dangerranger

2.3 turbo problem

Hey guys i drive a 92 ranger 2.3 turbo. ( 86 TC setup). The truck is my daily driver and i love it. But if hammer on it real hard it wants to flutter out the exhaust almost like a lot of mini backfires. There is a major lose in power. I know it runs rich because it will after fire from time to...
  3. 92dangerranger

2.3T cutting out.

Hey guys. My truck has been running great ever since i completed the swap and is my daily driver. But in the last month or so it has been cutting out if i jump on it really hard. It does it off and on but not all of the time. If i boost it up in second gear and hold it at about half throttle...
  4. 92dangerranger

VAM/O2 sensor upgrade question

Hey guys my 92 2.3T is running great and has over 12,000 miles on the engine now... but I'm wanting to upgrade to a 3'' VAM and a newer ECU. I know you have to use the 3 wire O2 sensor but i was wondering if would have to re-pin the wiring harness? What are the other two wire on the three wire...
  5. 92dangerranger

2.3l Center Mount Turbo Manifold

I was wondering if the SSautochrome manifolds and wastegates are worth buying. If not then were is the best place to buy a center mount. I'm wanting to switch to a external wastegate this summer. http://www.ssautochrome.com/prod.itml/icOid/1372
  6. 92dangerranger

New front end.

Hey guys I just did a turbo swap and now it's time for somebody work. I really need to do something with my front end. Maybe paint the grill and headlight trim the same color as the truck or replace it with a new chrome bright grill or Billet from LMC. Do whatever with it I'm just trying to get...
  7. 92dangerranger

My 92 2.3 turbo

Here is my 92. It did have a 3.0 in it but when the head gasket went i decied to install the 2.3 turbo. It sounds bigger then what it really is with the cam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOQ2mB_gJ80&feature=player_embedded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoOGGFVH6A
  8. 92dangerranger

2.3 Turbo

Here is my 92 2.3 turbo. Just got everything finished up like exhaust. There is still some mods that i would like to do but i need more $$$$...lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOQ2mB_gJ80 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoOGGFVH6A
  9. 92dangerranger

Check engine light help

Hey guys! I have pretty much got all of my wires well organized and ready to be put back in a loom. But i cant find my Check engine light wire....? I know it is # 17 on the ranger pin-out and it is pink and Light green but i cant find where i cut it when i was getting all all of the 3.0 wires...
  10. 92dangerranger

Getting closer!

Well I went to bolt the power steering pump out of the t-bird on yesterday and it would not clear the gear box. So today i went to the junk yard and bought a power steering pump and all the serpentine pulley out of a mid 80's ranger. I cleaned it all up and put it all in. I also put in my new...
  11. 92dangerranger

Help!

Hey guy I'm so close to finishing my turbo swap into my 92 (3.0) but today I went to bolt the power steering pump on and It does not clear the gear box. The power steering pump is out of the 86 turbo coupe. I need to know what year truck i can take the power steering pump out of to make it work...
  12. 92dangerranger

2.3 turbo power steering pump problems

Hey guy I'm so close to finishing my turbo swap into my 92 (3.0) but today I went to bolt the power steering pump on and It does not clear the gear box. The power steering pump is out of the 86 turbo coupe. I need to know what year truck i can take the power steering pump out of to make it work...
  13. 92dangerranger

2.3 turbo start up!

well got my truck running! :yahoo: Just dont look at all of the wires...lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeWnfINwT2Q
  14. 92dangerranger

87-88 turbo coupe intake.

I'm doing a turbo swap into my 92 ranger. I ended up buying this intake thinking it would work with the valve cover from the 86 turbo coupe. I painted it to match my valve cover but the intake is two low. So I was just wondering how much you think it is worth? I cant use it and i need to know...
  15. 92dangerranger

87-88 turbo coupe intake value

I'm doing a turbo swap into my 92 ranger. I ended up buying this intake thinking it would work with the valve cover from the 86 turbo coupe. I painted it to match my valve cover but the intake is two low. So I was just wondering how much you think it is worth? I cant use it and i need to know...
  16. 92dangerranger

2.3 turbo swap T5 questions.

Hey guys! I doing a turbo swap in my 92 3.0 extended cap ranger. The new engine is but i ran into trany problems today. I'm going to have to use the T5 trany out of the Turbo coupe because my 3.0 trany will not line up. I was just wondering if i can still use my old drive shaft? The T5 is only...
  17. 92dangerranger

Turbo swap!

Here are a few pics of my turbo swap I'm doing in my 92 ranger. This is the donor car. It was a 86 turbo coupe with a junked title. After the machine work was done and i got it put back together it was time for paint. The valve cover was looking a little plain so i painted it black and the...
  18. 92dangerranger

Trouble posting pictures.

This might be a stupid question but how do i post a picture when I'm in a forum like RBV'S under construction?
  19. 92dangerranger

2.3 turbo swap!

Here are a few picture of my latest project. I decided to drop a 2.3 turbo into my 92 ranger. It coming along pretty nice but there is still a lot to do.
  20. 92dangerranger

3.0-2.3 turbo swap

Hey guys i'm just starting to put a 2.3 turbo into my 92 3.0 ranger. I bought a 1986 turbo coupe that had a junked title. The motor has 207,000 miles on it but still runs pretty strong. Of coarse i'm going to do a complet overhaul befor i drop it into my truck. I'm just looking for some good...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad