• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1999 the idle go's up and down

Hay guy's i've been looking and can't find it . Know i've read about it here somewhere. but my 1999 4x4 3.0 manual trans ranger , started yesterday when shifting gears the idle go's way up and setting at light the rpm go's up and down a little when the A/C kicks in and out. in texas warm enough...
  2. 4x4 not working right

1999 4x4 exstend a cab 3.0 manual trans. we got some real rain here in west Texas the last couple of days . took it out to play some. goes into 4 high ok can hear relay try to go to four low can't hear relay and doesn't go in. I have pluged the vacumm to the hubs and went with manual hand hubs...
  3. Need some help

I have a 1999 ranger 4x4 3.0L manual trans. It has the key with a chip in it, the other night someone broke into it and tried to steal it. Broke up the key switch , if i hold the key just right it will start right up. Help i need is how is the best way to fix it. A new switch comes with new keys...
  4. seat belt light on dash

2019 Ranger XLT crew cab FX4. My seat belt light on the dash stays on. Anyone else run into this , or is there something i'm not seeing.
  5. How do you find what off set wheel you need .

All ready have rough country 2.5 leveling kit. But for wider tires how do you figure the amount of off set you will need for the tire you chose. Never have used spacers not to sure about them. I won't my truck to be safe. Would you trust the tire store to know, most of them seem to just won't to...
  6. Midas

Just like some thoughts on wheel spacers. I was at Midas the other day getting oil change and there was a guy there with a new ranger. I heard him say he had Rough Country 2 1/2 lift and some 2" wheel spacers on order and he was going to put wider and taller tires on his new ranger, like maybe...
  7. vapor lock

Am getting my 1978 full size bronco up and running. It has the oem 351m and C6 in it. Driving it around today did real good till it got warmed good. run ok at low rpm but speed up some it would cut out like running out of fuel, i think it's vapor locking. Had a 79 F-150 with 351c do this years...
  8. warranty on 2019

I have had a couple people say you have to be careful about up grades on the new 2019. That Ford can void your warranty if they won't. Would that just be your dealer, i could see this if you miss with the engine or computer. I bought the five year bumper to bumper warranty. Don't won't to miss...
  9. 4x4 light

Have 1978 full size bronco, 351m & c6. Research tells me it's a full time four wheel drive. No locking hubs on front and shift pattern says it's NP203. It has a little blue light bottom of dash that is suppose to come on when in Lo Loc and when in HI Loc. where is the switch or sensor for this...
  10. used ECM

on my 1999 4x4 ranger 3.0L manual trans. If i replace my ECM with one from salvage yard with same part number. Will it work or will it have to be reprogram. Don't have elec. door locks or elec. windows. Also replaced vacuum hub with manual hubs. Thanks
  11. PO141 and PO136

1999 4x4 3.0L ranger, i have been dealing with a PO141 for a while now. I replaced 02 sensor after cat, i ohms tested the old one no resistance. The new one a bosch with around 3.4 or so, thought it was ok. but it's back and has the PO136 also. I had key on and got under it and with a test light...
  12. Serial / number

1978 ford bronco, serial number tag is missing off door. Been sitting in storage for around 10 years. Having problems coming up with a title for it. Does ford put the serial number anywhere else on the body or on the frame. The guy i got it from don't know anything about it. Thanks
  13. underdrive

looking for a set of underdrive pulleys for my 1999 4x4 3.0L v6 Ranger. In Odessa Texas-79763
  14. Door ajar

Getting my butt kicked on a 2000 ford excursion. Working on my bosses excursion, replaced axle seals in front axle,and replaced all four door locks actuators. Was roar testing it and the door ajar light and dome lights came on. So i had no luck with wd-40, i pulled all six switches. One in each...
  15. clutch

Hope i'm in the right form. My old 1999 ranger 3.0L 4x4 clutch is slowly given up. It's not a hot rod but do some playing in it. I put the manual type hubs on it , vacuum always a problem. Anyway is there big deal on what clutch kit to use. Or they about the same,what about slave cylinder. Are...
  16. NP 203 trans. case

has anyone know of a video on the right way to work the NP 203 transfer case. I just got a 1978 bronco and it's the full time FWD by my research. On the shift knob it shows LO-loc - LO - N - HI - HI-loc. But all i can can feel is lo-loc all the...
  17. Pcm

Dumb question about ECM & PCM. Is the ECM & PCM & ECU together in the one box. If you replace the ECM you replace it all, or is there another box somewhere.:icon_confused:
  18. engine dies

I have a 1999 3.0 manual five speed ranger. the last few weeks for two or three times a week when i stop at a light or stop sigh the rpm drops real low and dies. it starts right back up. It doesn't do it all the time, it idles good at around 700 rpm. it runs good going down the road. any input...
  19. Fog Lights

my 1999 ranger xlt 4x4 3.0 manual trans. Its don't have fog lights and i won't to add them. I got a bezel from ebay with switch, added no. 8&10 relays also fuse no.8 in dash and fuse 4 under the hood. problem is the plug ends behind the bumper are round and are set up for four pin. i have looked...
  20. vacuum 2.9

This is most likely a dumb qustion. I was doing the sea foam test on my 87 4x4 2.9 yesterday. I used a can of spray in the intake to clean throttle body. then put 5.oz in the engine, it said 1.oz per quart of oil. Then i did the 3/4 can into the intake through the brake vacuum hose. But to my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad