• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Not Really Sure What Happened.....

I was driving my 88 Ranger 2.9 the other day. It had started making occasional noises lately that sounded like it was coming from the transmission, transfer case area. When I would let off of the gas, it sounded like someone was stomping with their shoes on the bottom of the truck about 3 times...
  2. Cruise Control Does not Shut Off

My 1988 Ranger has a small issue. When I step on the brakes to disengage the cruise control, everything seems fine. when I release the brakes, the cruise control reengages. The only way I can turn off the cruise control is to hit the Off switch on the steering wheel. Truck is 1988 Ranger and...
  3. '93 4.0 Manual Into '88 2.9 Manual

Good Day, I have not posted in so long, it looks like my history has been erased. No worries. I gave my son my treasured '88 that I have had since I was 21. I am now 46! My son joined the Army Infantry and is assigned to 101st Airborne(wife and I are very proud). Since he will probably be...
  4. 1988 Extended Cab Topper

Guys, I am trying to find a used topper for my 1988 extended cab Ranger. I want to use it for hunting. It will only be on a few weeks a year, so I am not too picky, Just want someplace to crawl into when it starts to snow. I can not seem to find one. Tried Craigslist. Big question. I am able...
  5. NO Reverse With Manual Transmission

My wonderful 200k 5 spd manual transmission in my 88 Ranger STX has let me down. It has a hard time backing up my driveway. Is this the trans going out? I was just getting ready to change the clutch, but I can not figure out why the clutch would cause this, so I am thinking that the trans also...
  6. Front Axle Slip Joint Cover

Team, How can I find a new slip joint boot for my 88 Ranger? If not available after market, are there schematics for the front end with part numbers on them ? Thanks!
  7. Front Axle U-joint Question

I need to replace my 3 u-joints in my front axle on my 88 Ranger. Is it possible to replace the third u-joint on the passenger side, closest to the diff with out dropping the diff? The outers will not be a problem. Is there enough room to get the c-clamp press in there?
  8. Leak On Drivers Side

Good Day Team! Went out to my truck today, which is an '88 Ranger, and had some water on my driver's side rubber floor mat. I went to search this forum and as usual, found some possible answers. After inspecting the truck, the cowl vents look very clean and rust free. It is a California truck...
  9. Installing Anti Rattle Trim

Morning Team! I want to replace the window trim in my doors. This is the trim that is called the door glass run from LMC. I pulled the old stuff out no problem, but the new trim will not slide down all the way into the channel. It looks like I will at least have to take the door panel off. Does...
  10. Carrier Bearing on Driveshaft

Team, Is there an aftermarket maker for a carrier bearing for my 88 STX extended cab 4x4? I looked at LMC but they only have 2 wheel drive. Should I just go to Ford? Thanks in advance, Justin
  11. Leaking Distributor?

Team, I have not posted in so long, I had to re-register! Glad to be back. Does the 2.9 have a gasket or O-ring around the distributor? Looks like the engine is leaking from the back and the valve cover gaskets are new and just fine. Thanks in advance, Justin

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad