• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. no class

Windshield wiper not working, sort of...

It does move freely, yes. I'm not sure if it's possibly too freely moving. It could possibly be worn bushings binding. That's about the only thing i can think of.
  2. no class

I haven't checked that. The plug appears solid, I'll check it out.
  3. no class

You can hear the two different relays clicking independent of one another. The part that doesn't make sense is when plugged in, but not attached to the linkage, it works perfectly. The speed of the motor changes with the multi-function switch and it returns home when shut off. As soon as I hook...
  4. no class

1999 Ranger and the wipers stopped working the other day. Did one wipe, paused and then did it two mores times, but only on high. Then it died. I guessed it was probably the motor since it was a used replacement the p.o. put on (has writing from a junkyard on it) So I bought another used one to...
  5. no class

1999 Ranger air bag wiring diagram

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the airbags on a '99 Ranger? I use the truck off road and would like to see if it's possible to modify the wiring so both bags turn on/off with the keyed switch. I'd like to have the airbag while on-road, but not so much off road.
  6. no class

Coyote Engine in a Ranger

I think the Coyote is slightly smaller than the 4.6 There is a guy on FTE that started on a coyote swap and got as far as getting it installed. The swap never got finished.
  7. no class

Porting head. Any good tips?

I have a 99 non-Flex 3.0
  8. no class

OEM bolt set vs. off the shelf studs for 2005 3.0 manifold

I used a stud/nut set for a 5.4 rather than the bolts.
  9. no class

Rear seat backrest will not latch in place

Had this issue with mine. It will only latch if I close it with some force with my hand directly over the latch in the middle. Fortunately I have no reason to go behind the seat now that it's latched.
  10. no class

Cam gear bolt

Awesome, thank you!
  11. no class

Cam gear bolt

Anyone have a manual handy? I need the torque spec for the cam gear bolt. It's a hollow bolt so it can't be too much. I have looked online and found a few different numbers. It's a 2003 if it matters.
  12. no class

What size axle for 351w?

An explorer 8.8 will take a lot more abuse than you think. Lots of junkyard LS/ebay turbo builds putting 5-700 hp through an explorer 8.8
  13. no class

7.5L (460) exhaust bolt question...

If the bolts feel like they are too tight or may break I just fire up the torches and blow the heads off. Once the manifold is off you can get a set of vice grips on the stud and it usualy comes out pretty easy.
  14. no class

5r55w in '99

If you find a 3.0 or 2.3 auto you can swap the bell housing with the 4.0 trans. I just did the reverse (4.0 trans swapped to 3.0 bell) in my 99.
  15. no class

3.8 to 3.0 header swap?

Tom Morana makes an adatapter plate for using 3.8 headers on a 3.0L
  16. no class

3.0L engine plate

Changing out the transmission on my 99 Ranger (3.0 L automatic) and noticed there's no engine plate between the trans/engine. Did the auto come with a plate? The truck started fine and drove when I bought it. The transmission was slipping really bad but it moved hence the transmission swap.
  17. no class

5R55E help needed

Reason I ask is I plan on using that trans (2003 5r55e) in a 1999. The 99 doesn't have that connector. I am hoping that since the 99 has the VSS sensor on the rear diff that I don't need the ISS sensor.
  18. no class

5R55E help needed

Can anyone tell me what the two-wire connector with the green plug is for?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad