• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ecm??

I've been told I have to swap ecm's. Soooo can someone explain to me why the ecm from a V6 will not work in a V8. Here are the reasons I'm asking.... 1. It looks like my v6 is a batch fire (similar to a SD system but with a maf) and not the SFI (California). 2. I've heard you can use a 5.0 ecm...
  2. 94 Ranger AC power box mod.

I'm on my phone so if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it. Has anyone other than myself try to mount a heater/AC blower box from a 98 Explorer into a94 Ranger? If it works I should have plenty of room to run the stock truck 5.8 efi manifold. When I get closer to being done I'll...
  3. 5.8 efi swap

I've searched with little results. I'm looking for the pin out for the ecm and big round firewall plug on a 89 f250 5.8. I have the whole setup from the donor truck(wires, manifolds, ect) but it has all the wrong hard shell connectors for it to fit my 94 ranger 4.0 V6. I'm thinking of just...
  4. A/C with Taurus Efan

I'm trying to decide how I should wire the ac for efan control. Should I use the low or high speed of the Taurus fan when my ac is in use? I think it should be ran to the high speed but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks, Brent
  5. EFI retard...

I don't know a lot about efi so, I'm here looking for answers from the ones that have done it. I've searched the forums and the Internet, all I got was conflicting information (search engine keeps pulling the same info). What I have is a 94 Ranger converted from 4.0 to 351w (carb'd). I just...
  6. Bosch dual relay setup.

I don't know if I have this in the right place or not. Mods feel free to move. Anyway I was looking at the tech pages at the diy dual bosch relay setup for the Taurus fan mod. I noticed on the high speed relay the 86 pin ties into the 87 pin. Shouldn't that tie into a switched 12+ power supply...
  7. Need help with wires on NP435 install

Okay what I had was a 94 4.0 with a 5 speed 2x4 . It's now a SAS 351w with a NP435 and 208 t-case. My question is about the wires on top of the Trans for the neutral sensing switch. Do I need to hook them together for the cruise control to work or not. I'm planning on the AC and CC to be fully...
  8. 302/351w fead?

Are the serpentine brackets the same on a 5.0/302 and 5.8/351w are they different?
  9. Tried searching with no luck...

I'm in the middle of a SAS on a 94 2x4 with a 351, np435 mated to a 208. Here is my question has anyone mod'd the spring perches on the dana 30 to accept the Ranger coil springs? What I have is a set of 4 inch lift springs for a Ranger. The springs are a smaller dia. than the axel perch is. I...
  10. It's gotta be the hard way!!

Okay... I like to do things the hard way. LOL!!! Sooo with that said I have a 94 5 speed XLT Extended Cab Ranger that I'm getting ready to convert to 4 wheel drive. I've decided to use the stock dana 35 setup. My question is what are the years of Explorers that will work with my Ranger? I'm...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad