• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 98 PCM replacement question

Update, I finally had time to check all PCM and fuel pump fuses, swapped both pcm and fuel pump relays and repaired shorted fuel injector wires and still no start. I swapped PCMs and she started up. Thanks for the assistance again RonD and a Good Friday to you sir
  2. 98 PCM replacement question

Definitely don’t need two bad pcms
  3. 98 PCM replacement question

Nice! I thought that was the case but wasn’t certain. So I guess it’s as simple as making sure the sensor wires are not shorted anymore and swapping out the PCM. I’ll update this thread, I’m hoping to swap tomorrow. Thanks again RonD
  4. 98 PCM replacement question

Thanks for the response RonD, I have not yet tried the 50/50 test yet (no starter fluid handy) but I tried listening for fuel pump. It does have a slight constant hum when keyed on after the beeps stop beeping. I also notice some light relay clicking sounds. I just thought a pcm swap would be...
  5. 98 PCM replacement question

Hello everyone, I have a question about replacing my 98 mazda b4000 PCM. I have a spare from another truck (exact same model) I can use but does anyone know if it will work without any modifications? Back story: My truck died abruptly while driving and just rebuilt top half, custom 97...
  6. 98 b4000 catless y pipe hunt

Catless y pipe hunt & Solution Hi everyone, I've searched all over the net and can't find a new y pipe for a 98 b4000. Just catted versions. Anyone know where to get one? Below is rough write up of what I have done to get my truck on the road again. It was a pain but in the end, everything was...
  7. Frame shortening question

Hello, I have a 98 RWD B4000 and I would like to shorten my wheelbase to a reg cab short box length so I can use as a chassis and drivetrain donor for an older f100. I've searched everywhere and can't find out the frame differences but noticed something about the frame being two piece and...
  8. Piston re ring question

Hello everyone, I have a 98 mazda b4000 rear wheel auto, and I'd like to deglaze my cylinders prior to re ringing but I do not know what grit ball hone to use. Does anyone know what grit is recommended for re seating existing rings if possible, and if not, what grit for new ford replacement...
  9. 2004 interior in 98 & 99 explorer ohv in 98?

Hello everyone, I am wondering if a 2004 b4000 interior would pop in my 1998 b4000 to update the interior? Also, I have a 99 explorer OHV engine with 180k I'd like to pop in my truck so I can rebuild the original 98 360k OHV motor. Does anyone know if this is a direct/legal swap? And finally...
  10. Help Needed, Oil in Spark

Hi everyone, I have a 98 4.0 that has oil in the #3 spark plug and I usually get away with changing it out when it acts up, 2-3 times a year but I'd like to know how it's getting in there. One time I had the ceramic crack from I assume some coolant but just once a year or so ago. Not worried...
  11. 98 4.0 to smaller engine

Hello, I have another post in the b series specific forum but thought I'd investigate here also for more input. I have a 98 b4000 rwd auto trans that I want to put a smaller engine in. I've read how easy a 2.9 to 4.0 is but I'd like to do the opposite, go small. Not sure what my options are...
  12. 98 4.0 to 2.5/smaller engine

Hi, I have a 1998 Mazda B4000 2WD auto trans, that I would like to put a smaller engine in as I commute with little extra weight. I can find donor trucks for around 500 but I'm wondering what new would cost too. I just have no idea what my options are at all really, any help/thoughts would be...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad