• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Intermittent rough running while accelerating

Hi guys, I have an 88 2.9 5 speed, this engine has begun to act like it is dropping cylinders sometimes while accelerating under light or partial throttle when warm, strangely this has happened when making a right turn around a bend as well, when running steady at highway speed she smooths out...
  2. NOS 88 engine harness installed need help with air temp sensor conection

Hi guys, I just fitted a NOS 88 2.9 harness I had in stock onto a 87 engine and don't have a connector to the air temp sensor (located on pass side middle intake runner under the IAC) I am guessing a pigtail connector plugs into a socket somewhere in the main harness, can anyone tell me which one?
  3. Ammonia fueled Ranger project is now on the road

There is a solution available right now and I am using it although controversial the gas has been produced and in use by industry for years and remains to be the best viable solution to date towards a feasible automotive ‘hydrogen’ system. The conversion costs are in line with propane/CNG...
  4. Dealer prices for factory air- are we getting hosed?

My ford dealer has told me that they will not honor the tire warrantee because I have not inflated them properly using OEM air. They said they will redo the tires using factory specified air and gave me a quote of 399.00 plus tax for parts and labour.is there any way around this? I realize that...
  5. It was a warm and sunny day...

The sky was blue, the birds were chirping, the girls were happily bouncing along on the sidewalk and all of a sudden KAAAATHUNK! BANG WOP WOP WOP SCRAPE Has anyone ever had a caliper spit a pad? These are Monroe premium pads plenty of material on them. 87 Ranger
  6. Stubborn 2WD spindle won’t break free

On this 87 the right side spindle won’t release from the ball joint studs I don’t want to damage the camber adjuster or top ball joint if possible, any recommendations for an easy separation? And where can one find a camber adjuster just in case?
  7. One micron bypass filters clean oil = no engine wear

Real clean oil means extended oil changes up to 20,000 miles and beyond, tests prove that the standard crap filters we all use remains to be the main contributor to engine wear as well as unnecessary oil changes. High quality bypass filters eliminate the above issues. Thoughts? And let’s hear...
  8. How accurate are gas pumps- are you getting hosed?

Everyone complains about the price of fuel at the pumps but how many trust the accuracy of the pumps? Even though the pumps are calibrated can they be ‘fixed’? To what percentage is your pump accurate to- and is it in your favor or the station’s? And what about volume correction methods...
  9. 97 Ranger 4.0 HD-5 project

Ok the decision has been made that my company will convert a ranger to run on tri fuels however gasoline will not be one of them.HD-5 propane will be the main fuel of choice with the option to run CNG and as soon as the agreement has been set we will experiment with NH3 in cooperation with a...
  10. Rear L side droop, what do I need to do to fix?

Hi guys, I have an 87 Ranger longbox that I am slowly restoring, I picked up an 88 4x4 a few years back that came with a S-load of basically new or ultra low mile OEM parts stored since 88 which I am now transferring to my 87. The problem I have right now, the rear driver side of the truck is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad