• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. poweranger84

recon shes done for awhile...

i beleive the head blew on the passenger side of my 86 2.9. my roommate used the truck to go to class while i was in sc and he called me sayin it was pourin out coolant from the back of the pass. side head area. :annoyed: is there anyone who knows bout how long it would take to replace the head...
  2. poweranger84

cant figgure it out. please help.

86 ranger 2.9 5 speed. idle really rough, unplug a vacuum line on the throttle body and it idles a little better. it sucks in excessive air into the idle air valve even after replacing. run way rich, cant find any vacuum leaks. if anyone can help me out let me know. (i have no way of pulling...
  3. poweranger84

Mooresville-Charlotte area

hey guys, just moved up here. im seein alot of rangers and exploders. wonderin if anyone on here lives around??
  4. poweranger84

toolbox??

would a toolbox from a dakota fit my 86?
  5. poweranger84

fuel pump relay

where would it be on my 86 2.9?
  6. poweranger84

lagging questions

my 86 2.9 has been having the problem of while drivin, it doesnt wanna go, it bucks and boggs down when im accelleraiting. i know that the 4 cylinders have a sensor on the motor, behind the timing cover, that regulates the fuel, i dont know what its called. i was wondering if the 2.9s have that...
  7. poweranger84

under the airfilter

what is the black box under the air filter? it has 2 vaccum lines goin into it.
  8. poweranger84

O2 delete??

is there a way to remove the o2 and trick the computer into thinkin its still readin good?
  9. poweranger84

axle flip

nah what i was askin was what would it do if i fliped the axle w/o the kit or perches?
  10. poweranger84

axle flip

what would happen if i flip it without the perches?
  11. poweranger84

axle flip

where would i be able to get those from?
  12. poweranger84

axle flip

is there anything i need (other than new ubolts) to do an axle flip on my 86 ranger?
  13. poweranger84

bronco

im thinkin about sellin the ranger due to the fact that im too tall for it, and im kinda leanin tward a 86 fullsize bronco with a 302, a/t. is there anything yall know what their common problems are?? it has rust over the rear wheel wells and a lil behind the front
  14. poweranger84

86 fullsize bronco ?s

any one know about them?
  15. poweranger84

clutch??

hey my freind has a 94 2.3 with a 5speed. he thinks the clutch is out, but im not too sure, itll go into and out of gear while runnin, it just revs up real high and barley moves. anyone know if its the clutch or not?
  16. poweranger84

got a couple questions...

i know yall have probably been asked these questions, but i gotta know. TRUCK-1986 RANGER STX 2.9 5SPEED 1. bout 1 or 2 times a week im havin to refill the radiator. when i take the cap off there is no fluid in the radiator. no leaks tho...? 2. i use to be able to have the speedo wraped...
  17. poweranger84

high rider??

i got an 86 2wd V6 STX. i went and got shocks today, and on the computer it had an option for a "high rider" suspention. is there any way i can find out if i have that option???
  18. poweranger84

beds?

will any ranger short bed fit a 1st gen?
  19. poweranger84

battery light????

ok....i got a 86 2wd 2.9. for the last couple days, the battery light has been commin on when im in gear or while reving it in neutral. when im just coasting in neutral the light will go out untill i start driving again. this is a thing that has been happenin only every now and then. at night...
  20. poweranger84

sudden power loss....

my 86 2wd has been runnin good since i got it a couple months ago, but all of a sudden yesterday it just hasnt been as quick as it normally is. and it has been runnin higher in the RPMs. anyone have any ideas on what could cause this??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad