• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. AndyB.

1984 Ford Ranger V6 2.8L 4x4 Starter Issue

Out of curiosity, is your starter held to the bell housing with two bolts or through bolts with nuts?
  2. AndyB.

Burning through multiple TFI modules

1) Does the new TFI say Motorcraft on it? I would try to find a new old stock part. 2) It would be a good idea to troubleshoot. The stator in the distributor msg be the issue. To replace it you’re going to have to pull the distributor, use a gear puller to pull the drive gear, reinstall the...
  3. AndyB.

Burning through multiple TFI modules

The Motorcraft ones have gotten expensive Motorcraft part number DY-425, Ford part number E43Z-12A397-A. Be sure to use heat sink compound on the back and tighten it securely to the distributor—the distributor is the heat sink to keep it cool. I’ve owned my ‘85 2.8 since 1996, and I’ve gone...
  4. AndyB.

Water pump and fan clutch - How do you remove a suck clutch fan?

1) it’s left handed threads 2) There are tools made to remove it
  5. AndyB.

Motor mounts: L-hand not available?

You have some bad info. Here are the parts listings for 2.8s. The base part number is 6038.
  6. AndyB.

How do you get off that fuel pump

I removed the oil pressure switch and used a gear wrench. It wasn’t a big deal.
  7. AndyB.

Code 18 loss of tach signal SOLVED

These will help.
  8. AndyB.

1984 Mechanical Fuel Pump Problem.

There’s a simpler solution...
  9. AndyB.

2.8l V6 Mechanical Fuel Pump - Open Chamber on bottom?

It’s covered with a steel plate, staked in place.
  10. AndyB.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256016833004?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=DjbiHDp3RHm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=d87u9en7TgW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY Buy this. It will be cheaper and better than anything being produced today.
  11. AndyB.

You have a bad part, running that way will give you a large oil leak.
  12. AndyB.

2.8 cologne fuel pump

There’s no need to drain the oil, you won’t lose any. A gear wrench is your friend for this project.
  13. AndyB.

87 Ranger TK5 trans parts nightmares!!!

Is this the seal you couldn’t find? https://www.ebay.com/itm/232235924057?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NzmmAuQ0QF-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=d87u9en7TgW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  14. AndyB.

2.8 bogs and won't go over 58 MPH

If there was only a way you could test for valves not closing all the way. Maybe like someone suggested after the low compression, a leak down test? How did it run before you rebuilt the carburetor?
  15. AndyB.

Fuel Tank Sending Unit question

Would you be interested in a new old stock replacement?
  16. AndyB.

It does sound like it’s time to replace the sending unit; I’m not aware of an aftermarket unit that will work for this application.
  17. AndyB.

Neither of those two will work for you. How inaccurate is your existing gauge?
  18. AndyB.

2.8 bogs and won't go over 58 MPH

Time for a leak down test to find out if you’re doing rings or valves. Wide open throttle during compression test, right?
  19. AndyB.

1984 Conversion 2.8 L

Some relays are made with a diode to protect the ECU, since this is an aftermarket one, there’s no way to tell if it has one.
  20. AndyB.

1984 Conversion 2.8 L

I’m not sure how much it matters, but the battery and starter connections on the relay are reversed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad