• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fuel filter

Hello, i have a 96 ranger and i bought a after market fuel filter usually there is an arrow marked which direction you install the filter . But the one i got is only marked "in", meaning going towards the carb or tank. i have it going towards the carb. it still runs rough so do i...
  2. oil pan gasket

hello everyone. i have a 2.3l 95 ranger 2wd. all the mechanics i talked to say you have to raise the engine in order to replace the gasket. If your careful and dont bump the pickup tube your fine .It will slide quite a bit to the rear of the engine. my question is i have a molded rubber gasket...
  3. oil pan gasket

I have a 1995 2.3l do you need to raise the engine & tranny to remove the pan also the molded gasket is that all you need or do you have to use rtv sealant on each end of the pan as well. Thanks Mike
  4. oil pump seals

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get just the seal and gasket for the the oil pump on my 1996 ranger 2.3l .its leaking oil around the the pump and the only way to get this is if i buy a new pump from the part stores. the pump is fine.. thanks Mike
  5. back up lights

i just replaced the back up light switch on the transmission and still no lights. I have checked the power to the plug and its fine. I was replacing the speed sensors on the tranny and rear diff about the same time the lights quit working . Coincidence? Any Help Thx Mike
  6. pcm problem 1996 ford ranger 2.3l

i finally found out that it wasnt the IAC that was causing my stalling issues. I was told that the pcm was going bad. if i got a used pcm would i need to recalibrate . there are several models for this vehicle . im debating to get used or a reman, not too many mechanics want to mess with it ...
  7. tps sensor

I have a 1996 ranger 2.3l with a slight hesitation in the idle. i was wondering if you need to make an adjustment on the idle screw after i installed a new sensor. also im trying to trace the power steering pressure switch connector wire, im assuming it goes directly to the pcm. im not getting...
  8. power steering pressure switch

i have a problem with my 1996 ford ranger 2.3 stalling out on me when i turn left or right. no code but the engine light stays on. i have no power at the end of the connector(power steering pressure switch). looked at the fuse box and no fuse for the switch . where exactly does the other end of...
  9. rough idle

im trying to trobleshoot a problem with error codes po122,p1120,p1125,po500. these codes popped up b4 i installed a new TPS sensor. after i installed it only po500 & p1125. i tested the voltage from the harness & i got 5volts which is fine. on some of those sensors do you have to turn clockwise...
  10. 2.3l high idle

ive got a 1996 2.3l with a very high idle when im driving in gear or out . but when i slow down and come to a complete stop the idle speed runs normal until i shift in gear and take off again . i cleaned the throttle body & disconnected the IAC while it was running to see if it would bog down...
  11. rear main oil seal

I have a 96 ford ranger. I just replaced the oil seal on the crankshaft & it still leaks . is there anything else behind the seal that needs to come out . how about using rtv sealant . the leak is at the bottom . any ideas ? thanks Mike

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad