• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. digital photo tach reader

Hi-Just bought one of these as I thought it may come in handy. From the directions, and what I can find on the web I'm only told to place the reflective tape on "rotating shafts" to be measured. What are they talking about? I have no idea where to place the tape-tried the coil and distributor...
  2. mechanical temp. gauge install

Hi-There's probably some info here about this but I can't find it. On my almost new rebuilt 2.3L EFI '86 the temp gauge (I think it's the problem) has been acting strangely. I had my mechanic check various areas of the engine with one of those hi tech temp. guns and all is fine but the gauge...
  3. fouled plug with high compression

Hi-my new reman. 4 cylinder has about 800 miles on it. I put in a new radiator yesterday and for the heck of it ran a compression test while already in the garage and in the mood. I had done one other test, as a reference for years to come, soon after getting the engine. Both then and...
  4. new sensor+gauge too high?

I have a new engine (2.3L) and am randomly replacing stuff. The truck runs warmer-per dash gauge-than my old engine but it ran cold. This one runs no hotter than 170-175 when using a meat thermometer, lol. But I replaced the temperature sensor yesterday and now it still runs the same temp...
  5. Starter relay replacement

Am a novice and have a new Jasper rebuilt and am replacing parts just for the heck of it really. I ordered a new starter relay and it has 4 terminals-2 large brass, and 2 small terminals-one brass and one that is not. My old one, and the one pictured in my manual, has only 3 terminals-2 large...
  6. new alternator harness problem. Help now please!

Hi-am right now replacing the old alternator on my 1986 Ranger with a new Jasper engine recently purchased. The new alternator-NAPA-is a perfect fit with one problem. There's the small harness for the regulator that fits fine (internal). But on the main harness there are 2 heavy wires and one...
  7. new engine temp?

Hi-My 1986 Ranger-2.3, EFI, 177,000 mi died very unexpectedly recently. It had been running just great and one day kaboom. My local garage had a heck of a time finding someone who actually had, IN STOCK, a rebuilt which is the way I had decided to go. I finally got the truck today with a...
  8. What my compression test means

Hi-Considering a couple of rather abrupt answers to a similar question I hesitate here but will try anyway. Have an '86 with 2.3L, EFI, 5speed, manual, and 180,000 miles-hope that's enough info. Today I changed plugs and did a compression test, which I do every couple of years just to ease...
  9. High idle

Hi- I'm brand new so please bear with me. My '86 Ranger runs beautifully and has since I bought it in 1987. However, today out of nowhere, after a 5 mile trip I noticed that the idle had increased dramatically. I don't know what the RPMs are, but it's high enough to move along in first by...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad