• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fuel Pump Mismatched Issues- Extended Cab Vs. Regular Cab Affecting Range.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue as I have. I have a 1991 Extended Cab 4.0 Ranger. in 2019 I decided to change the fuel pump because I had the bed off. The stock one was working perfectly fine. I used a carter pump for an extended cab truck. Of course I chucked the stock...
  2. Finally- a decent Transfercase option for RBV! The Behemoth Strongbox Doubler

My little ranger is just not quite low enough in the rocks. I did the 4 cylinder transmission gear swap and that helped, but 5.13s and 35s still just isn't enough. On my last build, I did the D and D doubler kit that is no longer available. The gearing was awesome, but there were a few things...
  3. What Heads OHV 4.0?

I have a 4.0 OHV short block that I am putting together for my 1991 ranger. I need heads. The short block is a 2001. What heads would you buy? Also need rockers and pushrods. I want quality parts that will go another 300K miles. Thank you.
  4. 1998-2000 short block going in a 1991 ranger

Hey guys- I got a good deal on a NOS Motorcraft rebuilt 1998-2000 OHV short block. I would like to build it for my 1991 ranger and put it in to replace the old tired 4.0 OHV. Unfortunately, I am pretty not smart about this stuff. Wondering if some of you can help me. I am not looking to make it...
  5. 4.0 extended cab replacement fuel pump- less range???

Hey guys- I have a 1991 ranger 4.0 manual everything extended cab. Recently the fuel gauge started working intermittently- so I decided to swap out the original fuel pump for a new one. It has 250,000 on it and has had very little issues. I ordered a Carter fuel pump from rockauto for an...
  6. Newer 4.0 into an older 4.0 truck?

So I have been doing research and the 4.0 was in rangers and explorers until 2001. I have been looking for a low mile 4.0 vehicle to drive and some day swap into my ranger- is it possible to use a 2001 4.0 OHV in my 1991 4.0 ranger? Is there things that have to be changed? like the intake or...
  7. Rear Glass slider replacement

So I busted out the slider window. A 2x6 made contact. I did the same on another ranger (only it was an atv in the bed with a winch that busted it) and it had dual sliders. I was able to pull back the rubber seal around the edge of the window and unscrew the track and put two new sliders in...
  8. Is my 1991 ranger operable without the gauge cluster?

My speedo needs worked on. I am taking it to get done and the dude says 2-4 days. Can I drive my truck without the cluster? I would assume yes? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. 1991 4.0 Alternator Upgrade??

My Alternator on my 1991 Ranger 4.0L is gone to crap. I would love to install an over the counter 130 amp or 110 amp or something alternator from a later explorer. It looks like they would bolt right in but the wiring is different. Can anyone tell me if there is another alternator that will...
  10. Need measurement of frame on a ranger w/o and engine

Hey fellas! I am looking for the frame width of a ranger at the coil buckets (just behind the steering box bulge On the drivers side) on a 1989-1996 ranger or explorer. I couldn't find a single rig without a motor at the junk yard and it is a difficult measurement to obtain with the engine in...
  11. Help! Headliner leak

I have a 1991 ranger. The headliner gets wet every time it rains. Like sopping wet on both front corners by the windshield. I thought it was likely the windshield and it was cracked anyway, so I went and had another installed. It still leaks. Any ideAs? Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone...
  12. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I sold my 1993 Mazda Navajo around 2010 or 2011. It was 10 years in the making and finally to a solid, reliable state. I had some other priorities and decided to sell it and get something more versatile. I will include some pictures below of its developing states and final state when I sold it...
  13. Mountain States Edition

I bought a Mountain States Edition Ranger a few months ago. There is a badge on the fender and a mountain sticker across the back window. Anyone know anything about this? I have never heard of it.
  14. 1988 Sallen Ford Ranger??

I thought this was interesting. 15k miles and for 10k. Lol. Odd. 1 of 24 though. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3265597839.html anyone ever seen one of these?
  15. 1993 Explorer SAS, Doubler, 37s, Lockers, etc.

I haven't been to this forum in sometime, but lately I have found it helpful and entertaining once again, so I thought I would post up some build up pocs of my junk. Here is the earliest pic I have (yes it was a navajo). It had cheap 235s, and auto tranny and Tcase and a 2.4" VR James duff...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad