• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. LED headlight question

Ok, so I read through the fourms, and I see many saying don't, but I did. I installed Katur led headlamps and I am fairly happy, other than needing to re aim the drivers side. But I have a strange issue. When its cold, while the lights do come on, all I have is low beam. Seems to take about 10...
  2. truck security/anti theft

All great ideas. thanks. Mine does have a security system. But that doesn't seem to stop some people. My truck is only valuable to me.. lol. but it doesn't stop some people from grabbing them, simply because they need a ride home ( I won;'t mention who ) and the trucks or cars end up burned out...
  3. truck security/anti theft

Hi all. I have a 98 Mazda B4000 4x4. Random theft of vehicle's has been pretty rampant around these parts for awhile and I don't want to be one of the victims. I have been thinking of simple and different ways to set up some sort of cut off switch to either the starter, ignition or fuel pump...
  4. 98 Mazda B4000 4x4 trans replacement

Might have asked this before, but can't find it if I did. 98 mazda B4000 4x4. trans toast.5r55e auto. Found a used one from a 2002 explorer 2 door sport. I am aware that there is an extra speed sensor on it, that isn't required, but Wondering if there is a difference between the trans used in...
  5. 07 5r55e into a 98 with a 5r55e

Just wondering if there are any issues swapping a newer 5r55e from an o7 ranger into my 98 mazda with the same trans. Numbers all appear to be the same. Also wondering if they had addressed the problems in the 07 trans or am I still going to have gasket failures, hard shifting etc.
  6. P0420 fix readings after its on

I just changed the 02 sensors out on my truck, and the S2 was still fluctuating wildly, so my Cat is probably bad. In the mean time, I did the spacer cheat/fix. Readings on the 02s2 are now steady, but at around .7 to .8 volts. Still high, but steady. Just wondering if that's normal or not after...
  7. cat replacement

I have a 98 B4000 and starting to look like I may need a new cat. Factory direct fit is over 800 bucks, and a universal is only 150 ( same manufacturer ) Looking at the truck how ever, the factory cat is an oval shape connecting to the exhaust manifolds and the universal is round. Does anybody...
  8. P0420 help

Ok, so earlier in the week I posted my truck was giving me issue, but no engine check light. Curious me, plugged in a code reader today and low and behold, P0420 is present. ( check engine light bulb prob burned out. ) No other codes are present. Decided to check the freeze frame data and it...
  9. fuel presure problem?

About 3 weeks ago my 98 Mazda B4000 started acting up. Felt like it was running out of fuel. Just as quick as it stuttered, it took off again. It has done it only 2 more times since. I just changed the old fuel filter, and opened the old one up and does look as if it was possibly plugging up...
  10. 98 mazda/ranger 4x4 handling

I have a 98 Mazda B4000 4x4 and I love the truck, but one peeve I have is its handling. Specifically, its very twitchy. Doesn't take much to get it out of control over say, rumble bumps on a gravel road, or even sudden movements from side to side. Were these trucks always like that or just a...
  11. 94 mazda dash into a 2002 ranger cab

I have a 94 B4000 4x4 that is mechanically decent but the body is getting rough. I also have an 02 ranger 2wd the my ex g/f tried to roll. The ranger has a 3 liter with a miss and a 5 speed, and has a 3rd door. The mazda has a 4 liter and a 5 speed, and a lift kit. After reading a few threads...
  12. 02 ranger cab on 94 Mazda frame question.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll give it a go. I have a 94 B4000 4x4 that is mechanically decent but the body is getting rough. I also have an 02 ranger 2wd the my ex g/f tried to roll. The ranger has a 3 liter with a miss and a 5 speed, and has a 3rd door. The mazda has a 4 liter...
  13. aod questions

98 mazda B4000 4x4. 160000 kms. Had this truck for about a year and it has been fine, but I have noticed recently that the upshift between 2nd and 3rd gear seems to be reving up between the shift when its hot. Is this normal for these trucks? Do I have a trans on the way out, or just in need...
  14. 8.8 28/31 spline count question

got a 1994 mazda B4000 4x4 with an 8.8 28 spline trac loc in it. I am still looking for a new set of spider gears and 28 count seems rather hard to come by. I do believe I read both on here in the axle section and on a parts web page that I can use the 31 spline spider gear kit in place of the...
  15. Vacuum issue 98 Mazda

An issue has developed in my 98 B4000 4x4. The heater /ac keeps changing from what ever I have it set on, IE a/c, vent, heat, etc to the default defrost position, so I seem to be losing vacuum and then getting it back again. Does anybody know where there is a vac diagram available? It looks...
  16. 1998 head identification, late or early model

Ok, after ALOT of swearing and 3 days of work, I finally got the head off of my 1998 Mazda B4000. The history of the truck as I know it is, at 50,000 kms, the heads were replaced by the previous owner.. For what reason exactly I am not sure. Now at at 150,000, and when I bought it, it has a...
  17. recomended brand of gasket set

I am in the process of tearing into my 98 mazda B4000 because of a bad exhaust valve. I am wondering what the recommended brand of gasket set I should be using? Around here fel pro is a common brand and easy to get, but I see on ebay a few different brands, including one called sealing tec. Any...
  18. 4.0 head bolts what size?

need to pull the head off my truck, and I am now down to just the head bolts... what size bit is it? is it a 55 torx or bigger or wtf??
  19. What manual trans for a 302 swap?

I have an 02 ranger with a 3.0 and a 5 speed, and I am beginning to ponder the idea of swapping a 5.0 I have from my 86 f150 that I had into it. It is fuel injected but I am thinking of putting a carb onto it. Yes I know, keep the injection, bla bla bla. But anyways what I am wondering is what...
  20. head reliability on a 4.0 liter

Picked up a 98 mazda B4000 with the 4.0 liter and 150,000 kms on it. Its missing on 1 cylinder. Well today after checking, cleaning etc I decided to do a compression test and almost fell over when it said ZERO. Guess that explains the stumble and rough idle. So I am wondering if the heads on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad