• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Trans pan volume differences? Also odd noises post-rebuild

I have an '04 XLT 3.0 (RWD, not 4x4) with a 5R55E in it. I had the trans rebuilt professionally back in April after the input sprag finally wore out and failed, and took the opportunity after getting it back to swap the standard pan for the 4x4 model in order to have an easy-drain pan for later...
  2. Lower intake gasket popping out repeatedly near crank position syncronizer

I replaced my head gaskets(valve seats finally wore out, lost compression, got the heads decked/seats replaced with the updated hardened ones), both the lower and upper intake gaskets, and the valve cover gaskets back in July, and after driving a few thousand miles post-repair I heard a loud POP...
  3. Found an 8.8 LSD, thinking of doing a swap. Am I forgetting anything?

I found a Ranger with an 8.8 LSD rear end at a yard today and was thinking of doing a swap with my current 7.5" open diff - I'd like to get a little bit more control when it's wet and slippery around here. Assuming the clutch pack isn't shot, all I'll need is the rear end, new U-bolts, and new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad