• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tire size

88 Ranger XLT 2.3L Looking at 4 new tires and wondering if anyone had any opinions or advice. The tires that came on it when I purchased years ago are 255 60r15. I planned on just getting a set of the same size but they aren’t stock size I guess. Any reason not to keep this size?
  2. Oil filter size

Just took my 88 ranger xlt 2.3L 5 speed to a quick lube place for and oil change, I tried to do it myself but was having a hard time getting the filter off and said screw it. I noticed the oil filter they put on is smaller than the one they took off, is that ok? Obviously it fits but is it going...
  3. What’s going on here? AC or not

88 Ranger 2.3L When I purchased this truck the previous owner told me it never had AC. But from what I understand it seems like it did at one point. Did someone rip out a bunch of components and alter things? Can anyone confirm for me and maybe tell me if I have options of getting AC back again...
  4. Catalytic converter

Anybody have any experience/tips or tricks cleaning them? Thinking about taking it off and maybe soaking and pressure washing it. I have a some minimal experience working on my own truck but am no mechanic. I just dumped a good bit of money into my ranger with a good ol’ boy mechanic just to...
  5. 88 ranger, can't find problem, please help

I have been chatting with user Mark_88 and he has been very helpful but he suggested I also put a summary of the problems I am still having here on this forum so here it is. A problem I was initially having lead to a no start problem. The no start problem is resolved but the initial problem is...
  6. Please Help,88 ranger wont start

I posted under the same title about a week ago but I am reposting because im not sure it is still getting views and I could really use some help, Original post is under the same title posted in general discussion and under 4 cylinder(2000 and older). Ok, im about ready to roll this truck off a...
  7. 88 Ranger wont start, please help

My 88 ranger is no longer starting, ill try to keep this short. I don't really have any mechanic experience so please bear with me. A few months ago it began having problems starting. It would turn over but not start, but if i kept trying then after a few minutes it would, sometimes it would...
  8. Please Help,88 ranger wont start

My 88 ranger is no longer starting, ill try to keep this short. I don't really have any mechanic experience so please bear with me. A few months ago it began having problems starting. It would turn over but not start, but if i kept trying then after a few minutes it would, sometimes it would...
  9. 88 ranger, multiple issues

In order to get the full scope of the problem/problems with my 88 ranger I think I need to start off talking about a different less immediate problem. a few months back I started having a problem with my windshield wipers, radio, and gas gauge simultaneously not working. It happened to me in a...
  10. 88 ranger, multiple issues

In order to get the full scope of the problem/problems with my 88 ranger I think I need to start off talking about a different less immediate problem. a few months back I started having a problem with my windshield wipers, radio, and gas gauge simultaneously not working. It happened to me in a...
  11. 88 ranger, multiple issues

12. urgent headlight issue /88 ranger

13. Help buying a ranger

I have been looking for a truck on craigslist for months, everytime I find what seems to be a good deal I either get no response or it falls through. Right now I am looking at an 88 ford ranger that is about 3 hours away from me. The truck looks to be in pretty good shape but the guy is asking...
  14. Help buying a ranger

I have been looking for a truck on craigslist for months, everytime I find what seems to be a good deal I either get no response or it falls through. Right now I am looking at an 88 ford ranger that is about 3 hours away from me. The truck looks to be in pretty good shape but the guy is asking...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad