• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 86 2.9 manual intermitant horrible running

I have an 86 ranger with an 88 computer, a 90 motor, and 700,000 miles thats driving me crazy . it will always start right up and runs ok sometimes but it seems slow. other times it will run rich start missing and chugging, the idle will roam around, and it will stall. if I am driving and it...
  2. no tach to tach cluster swap on an 86

I'm trying to put a factory tach cluster in my 86 ranger 2.9 I got a cluster out of an 87 2.9 and tried the swap nothing worked. the tachs dead fuel gauge is dead temp gauge dead, and the oil light stays on when the key is off. what do I have to change to make this work?
  3. 86 ranger radio harness missing

im trying to put a radio back into my 86 ranger, but theres no wiring left. A previous owner cut/unplugged the radio harness out of it and I can find no remnants of it. is there a plug somewhere under the dash for a radio sub-harness or am I going to have to run all new power wiring/? id like to...
  4. 86 2.9 dtc 18 rough idle and stalling

I recently bought an 86 ranger 2.9 manual not running off craigslist. i replaced the fuel pump in the tank and the fuel pump wiring connectors and now it runs. my current Problems are that if I sit and let it idle it will run for a little while and then just get slower and slower till it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad