• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. evanesce69

Hot Springs or Wolf Caves

Yeah Corpus is a ways down there. When Laura came through a few years ago the family and I evacuated to Victoria... It was supposed to hit us directly but it turned east at the last minute and hit Lake Charles. While there we went down to Corpus for dinner at Franks Spaghetti House and to...
  2. evanesce69

I've got a Note 20... Thank you my friend!
  3. evanesce69

You are right... I was posting from my phone... I could have resized from my desktop.
  4. evanesce69

There are a few parks in the southern part of the state, near the Texas/Oklahoma state line. RMR Rugged Mountain Ranch has Tackett Creek... that's a great trail. The only time I was there we were on the way back from Hot Springs with both front axleshafts busted... so I didn't get to ride it.
  5. evanesce69

I used to live in Metropolis Illinois, so LBL would have been easy. I now live in Bridge City TX, quite a bit further. I don't have the black 93 anymore... I now have a blue 96 Ranger on 40's. I keep intending to do a build post with photos throughout the build.
  6. evanesce69

It would be great to have a club event at a park in Texas, Oklahoma, or Arkansas. Texas Wolf Caves Hidden Falls Katemcy Rocks Oklahoma RMR Green Acres Arkansas Hot Springs I really wanted to make LBL but just couldn't swing it... Are any of us in the Texas, Oklahoma Arkansas areas? my pics...
  7. evanesce69

TRS Event TRS 2023 Fall Adventure - Land Between The Lakes

Hey all! It's been a while since I've been in here. I no longer have the 93, rolled it. Now have a 96 on 40's My usual group down here in SETX is getting smaller, might try to make this fall run with y'all. I'm originally from Southern Illinois, a not-so-little-anymore town called Marion so I...
  8. evanesce69

Old member, Introducing a new truck

Well my old 93 is gone, and the 94 Explorer Sport met a cow head on at 60 MPH... Family survived, the Explore did not. I now have a 96 Suepercab 4x4, 4.0 OHV, 4R55E auto, electric BW1354 tcase. Shes got most of the parts from the other two trucks but with some major upgrades Front Axle...
  9. evanesce69

49-410-8 Cam Upgrade 93 Ranger XLT 4.0 OHV

I would not try it in the vehicle. I know the lifters will not come out without removing the heads. So doing it on an engine stand would be ideal... besides, those cams are ground on a smaller base circle so a pushrod change would in order. Otherwise the valve train geometry will be out of...
  10. evanesce69

I need factory pivot brackets.

i need them pretty bad. gotta get that sploder off the jack stands... how much do you want?
  11. evanesce69

Pivot brackets???

Anyone local to SETX have a set of factory pivot brackets? I need a set ASAP! Rob
  12. evanesce69

I need factory pivot brackets.

Putting an old stock d35 onto my wrecked Explorer so that i can move it. I don't want to lose the lift brackets so they are coming off. I need a set of stock axle pivot brackets. Anyone have some laying around in a junk pile somewhere????
  13. evanesce69

SETX members???

Anyone in the southeast Texas area? Any events in the Texas area?
  14. evanesce69

Explorer Rear End - Spider Gear Wear?

Was there any metal in the oil? flakes, dust or chunks? if there was I would replace them and overhaul the whole thing.
  15. evanesce69

93 Ford Ranger Dana 44 Install

Took her to the beach over the weekend... Made over $200 pulling people out of the sand, donation only of course (cash, beer, soda, water, pizza, links...). Was axle deep in loose sand pulling cars, 2wd trucks, SUV's, broke 4x4 trucks... front axle spun both tires consistently even without the...
  16. evanesce69

Need some information about 2.3L turbo crank!

I've bought a 2.5L sohc from a 97 Ranger that had two pistons grenade. Fortunately the block cleaned up at .040" but the crank was thrashed. My ultimate goal is turbocharging this engine and replacing my 3.0L. I know the bell housings on the engines are different between the 2.3/2.5 and the...
  17. evanesce69

Bobby- I had looked at the RCV shafts... if I have issues with these in the future that is the way I will go. I haven't done a lot of high travel situations so I stuck with the D50 inner stub and slip yoke. I did have the right side inner shaft made with extra spline length just in case...
  18. evanesce69

I've got the front end together. I'm going to resize all my photos so that I can post more pics. Had Moser Engineering make a custom length right inner shaft along with the left inner and both outer. That are all 4140 chromoly with CTM u joints installed (PNC144-1881).
  19. evanesce69

i have posited updated photos in posts 2 and 3... the center chunk on the bench and in the truck., photos showing how much to shorten the inner shaft the shortened inner shaft is being sent to Moser for making a new one. also going to have CTM u joints put in the differential joint (1350...
  20. evanesce69

Jim- Picking up the D50 chunk tonight after work. Going to bolt it up to the beam and measure for the right side axle.. Stock D44 is too long and D35 is too short, 4" difference.... I figure I'll split the difference Besides, bolting the D44 beams onto the Ranger mounts narrows the track...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad