• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bizarro302

94 b3000 starts....with brake cleaner!

My 94 b3000 has been sitting for about 6 weeks. Was my daily driver all winter ran like clockwork. All of a sudden she won't start. Sounded like the fuel pump was engaging, but I'm not positive on that. I don't have a multimeter where it's parked to confirm. On a whim I decided to spray brake...
  2. bizarro302

bypassing ac compressor 94 3.0.

From the belt schematic under the hood it looks like the only difference between a truck with or without ac is the length of the belt. Can I just buy a belt for a non ac truck and hook it up to bypass my FUBAR ac compressor? It's squealing like i'm playing a banjo in the appalacians! I at...
  3. bizarro302

bed bolts for 94.

My 94 b3000 came with a flatbed on it. I purchased a 97 ranger bed for it with taillights and gate. I saw the bed bolt kit for $49 on eBay, and it looks like some stuff I could get at the hardware store for around ten bucks. Anyone have any recommendations on what hardware I should get? It's...
  4. bizarro302

94 has the whine on cold starts

I believe it's the infamous camshaft synchronizer. Sounds like it's coming from the back. I get a slight hesitation.... Almost stall. Taking off in 1st for the first minute or two....then the whine goes away after she's warmed up. I don't have a cel on, and no missing at high rpm. The whine...
  5. bizarro302

thermostat replacement.

I'm planning on replacing my thermostat, and the coolant temp sender. Was going to get a stant superstat 195 and a bwd sender. My temp gauge moves, but never goes more than slightly past c. How much of a bitch is the stat to get to? Truck seems to run fine, but I know the gauge isn't reading...
  6. bizarro302

bed swap ?

I have a 94 b3000 long bed that has a trailer body mounted on the back. I found a 96 ranger long bed on clist with tailgate and lights. Is there any major differences in them requiring modifications or is it pretty much bolt on? I know it won't look correct, but the price is right, and the...
  7. bizarro302

94 standard cab rear speaker depth?

Anyone know what I have to work with here? I was thinking of using 6x8 to 6.5" adapter plates and running 6.5" subs there. I know it won't slam or anything, but i just want a little something bass wise to fill in the gap left by the 5.25" comps I'm putting in the doors. Since I have the...
  8. bizarro302

THIS is why you should always do a basic tune up on a used vehicle.

Look at the surprise i found in my air box! Scary thing is this truck wasn't sitting. Guy I bought it off was using it as a dd for almost 2 years. I've never been more disappointed to see my nuts in a box!
  9. bizarro302

how do i know what size sway bar on 94 2wd

OK, so I'm ordering a bunch of parts from the advance website tonight so I can utilize the 30% off promo code, and hopefully get the parts in by Wednesday. Otherwise I won't be able to get to it for another 5 days. Well I could get to it on the side of a cold Maine road in the dark, but i would...
  10. bizarro302

best cheap spark plugs for a 94 3.0

What are the best basic copper core cheapo plugs for the 3.0? I'm not a believer in platinum tips and most what I consider gimmick plugs. I could be wrong but it's a daily driver anyway. Not like I'm racing it. Anhy opinons on whether the autolite, NGK, or Bosch work best with our 3.0s? I'm...
  11. bizarro302

what is this and why would it be cut?

I've got this metal and rubber hose/line under my hood that a previous owner cut. It runs from what looks like the a/c compressor over the intake manifold to the passenger side of the engine compartment. I have a pic but I don't think it let's me post them with such a low post count. It's a 94...
  12. bizarro302

fuel gauge not working..aftermarket plastic tank installed

Ok, so I recently purchased a 94 b3000 2wd, and a previous owner installed a plastic tank of unknown origin. I doubt the sending unit is even in it. Probably wouldn't measure accurately anyhow as I doubt it's factory size. If I can figure out the capacity of the tank is there any way I can make...
  13. bizarro302

intermediate pipe general exhaust ?s

I recently purchased a 94 b3000 2wd 5spd as a winter beater and just to have a truck. Got it for $200 and a case of microbrew :icon_hornsup: Anyway I took it in for a state inspection and it needs a catback, one tire, and a sway bar link. I'm trying to figure out if the intermediate pipe is the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad