• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale 87 , 2.9L short block free in CT , 89 RWD 5 speed.

I have a 1987 2.9L short block and oil pan and some miscellaneous parts taking up space in the garage , need it gone , hate to scrap it . I also have a 89 RWD 5 speed transmission in the shed that needs to go , flywheel and starter included , hate to scrap that too , it only has 60,000 on it ...
  2. Wanted Looking for free 2.9s

I have a 1987 2.9 shorblock with bad cam bearings you can have . Located i Connecticut.
  3. FM145 2.3L trans swap to 2.9L

Sounds like the trans. Crossmember may need to be relocated ?
  4. FM145 2.3L trans swap to 2.9L

Thanks . That is good info to know .
  5. FM145 2.3L trans swap to 2.9L

Ok . If anyone has one to part with please let me know . Thanks again.
  6. FM145 2.3L trans swap to 2.9L

I have a 87 Bronco II with a A4LD auto trans and 2.9L engibe I would love to swap in a 5 speed if or when the A4LD fails. I have found what looks like a FM145 out of a 87 Ranger 4x4 with a 4 cylinder. Would this be a compatible trans swap? Would i need a 2.9L bellhousing? Thanks
  7. Bronco II value help

I may be selling my 87 BII . Its in great shape southern truck . 207,000 miles on truck. 1989 2.9L with 60,000 miles installed last spring. Auto trans was replaced at one time i just serviced it with full synthetic and a motocraft filter during engine swap. I am 3rd owner . I have service...
  8. The ranger 'lean'...swap the leafs?

In my opinion the passenger side springs get more worked so wear a bit more. I have swapped them if i have them out.
  9. WTB :Transmision Crossmember

I am looking to upgrade my 87 Bronco II Transmission crossmember to the later model type. I have had no luck finding a decent one up here in CT. Thanks
  10. Anyone using a Melling 328 high volume oil pump ?

I purchased a Melling 328 oil pump for my 2.9. The box says 328 but the marking on the pump reads 128 ? Anyone else notice this ?
  11. 84 2wd coil spring spacer

I would also stay with the factory type insulators . Advance Auto has them.
  12. 84 2wd coil spring spacer

My extra spacer was only on the passenger side. My truck also had different alighnment bushings from the factory.
  13. 84 2wd coil spring spacer

There is a good illustration on page 42 of the LMC truck Ford ranger online catalog.
  14. 84 2wd coil spring spacer

My 87 Bronco II 4x4 had a large washer about 1/8" thick under the passenger side spring seat. I figured it was installed at the factory for alignment reasons. I lifted the truck and so i used adjustible bushings and left the washer out.
  15. Dana 35 auto locking hubs.

Im looking for at least one good auto locking hub for a 96 ranger. I am sure someone out there has one ! Thanks
  16. 2.9L antifreeze leak through intake gasket?

Would a bad intake gasket leak antifreeze into the engine ?
  17. 98 5.0 Mountanier spraying coolant.

A friend of mine has a 98 5.0 with 130,000 . He says there is antifreeze spraying out somewhere on the passenger side front of the engine. He checked hoses. He thinks head gasket. My questions are how common is it for a 5.0 head gasket to blow antifreeze out in this location? Is the 98 Merc. 5.0...
  18. 1350 and 1354 rear flange swap ?

My 87 Bronco II has the CV type driveshaft and i am planning a 8.8 swap so i am wondering if a 2006 1354 rear flange could be swapped into my 1350 transfer case.
  19. CC4W MA. Event

Thought i would post this event. http://cc4w.org/
  20. Will 2.8 Y-Pipe fit 2.9 Manifolds ?

My 87 Bronco II exhaust has been hacked up pretty bad and is on my repair list. The 3 bolt oval Y pipe flange and Cat flange have been cut off , 2 smaller diameter pipes installed between two and welded up like a rock from a Roswell New Mexico crash site. I am finding the factory 1990 Y pipe...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad