• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale 87 , 2.9L short block free in CT , 89 RWD 5 speed.

I have a 1987 2.9L short block and oil pan and some miscellaneous parts taking up space in the garage , need it gone , hate to scrap it . I also have a 89 RWD 5 speed transmission in the shed that needs to go , flywheel and starter included , hate to scrap that too , it only has 60,000 on it ...
  2. FM145 2.3L trans swap to 2.9L

I have a 87 Bronco II with a A4LD auto trans and 2.9L engibe I would love to swap in a 5 speed if or when the A4LD fails. I have found what looks like a FM145 out of a 87 Ranger 4x4 with a 4 cylinder. Would this be a compatible trans swap? Would i need a 2.9L bellhousing? Thanks
  3. WTB :Transmision Crossmember

I am looking to upgrade my 87 Bronco II Transmission crossmember to the later model type. I have had no luck finding a decent one up here in CT. Thanks
  4. Anyone using a Melling 328 high volume oil pump ?

I purchased a Melling 328 oil pump for my 2.9. The box says 328 but the marking on the pump reads 128 ? Anyone else notice this ?
  5. Dana 35 auto locking hubs.

Im looking for at least one good auto locking hub for a 96 ranger. I am sure someone out there has one ! Thanks
  6. 2.9L antifreeze leak through intake gasket?

Would a bad intake gasket leak antifreeze into the engine ?
  7. 98 5.0 Mountanier spraying coolant.

A friend of mine has a 98 5.0 with 130,000 . He says there is antifreeze spraying out somewhere on the passenger side front of the engine. He checked hoses. He thinks head gasket. My questions are how common is it for a 5.0 head gasket to blow antifreeze out in this location? Is the 98 Merc. 5.0...
  8. 1350 and 1354 rear flange swap ?

My 87 Bronco II has the CV type driveshaft and i am planning a 8.8 swap so i am wondering if a 2006 1354 rear flange could be swapped into my 1350 transfer case.
  9. CC4W MA. Event

Thought i would post this event. http://cc4w.org/
  10. Will 2.8 Y-Pipe fit 2.9 Manifolds ?

My 87 Bronco II exhaust has been hacked up pretty bad and is on my repair list. The 3 bolt oval Y pipe flange and Cat flange have been cut off , 2 smaller diameter pipes installed between two and welded up like a rock from a Roswell New Mexico crash site. I am finding the factory 1990 Y pipe...
  11. Bronco II rear shackle flip questions.

I have been looking at the shackle flip threads and I dont see any done on a Bronco II. I would be using Explorer springs and Ranger blocks also. My question is if anyone has done this with the factory bracket and shackle? Is a body lift required? It does look like the shackle would swing...
  12. Adjustable radius arm bushings ?

Found these at the Graveyard. http://shop.broncograveyard.com/1987-97-Ford-Bronco-ll-Ranger-Adjustable-Radius-Arm-Bushing/productinfo/93007/ I am wondering if anyone has used these and what type of results. I did find a video on youtube but the guy didnt know what to do with the metal piece...
  13. 4.0 to 2.9 T-Stat housing swap ?

I recently installed the larger capacity radiator from a 4.0 Explorer into my 87 Bronco II. I had to fab a upper radiator hose to make it work. I am wondering if anyone has tried a 4.0 T-stat housing and Explorer upper hose on a 2.9 ? I prefer a factory look with no splice to leak. The 4.0 and...
  14. Does a 89-90 Fisher plow fit a 87 Bronco II ?

I have found a Fisher plow from a 89 but not too sure if the frames are different on the 87. I know the bumper is different. So I am asking if anyone knows if a 89 plow will fit a 87 ? Thanks,
  15. 2.9 Valve covers

I have a 87 Bronco II , the heads where replaced with re-manufactured heads in 1999 , I don't know at the moment if they are 89TM heads. The valve cover gaskets where changed just before i purchased the truck a few months ago and now starting to leak again. I see that the valve cover gaskets are...
  16. Headed to the Salvage yard !!

I finally found a salvage yard that has 3 Bronco II's , 88 , 89 and a 90. I am looking for a seat bracket , dome light and seatbelts that i need for my 87 with automatic. My question is what else should i grab if i see it that may be used in future modification's ? Possibly a 88-90 non-egr...
  17. NAPA STX replacement springs for Bronco II

I am looking into installing a 1.5" to 2" lift on my 87 Bronco II. I have read on another forum where Napa part #2775371 are the replacement part for The Ranger STX "High Rider" package.http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Coil-Spring-H-D-Front/_/R-NCP2775371_0006528981 I...
  18. Ranger FX4 axle swap into 87 BII Question

I have a line on a 2006 Ranger FX4 axle with a R7 axle code. From what i have read here it would be a limited slip 4.10 axle with disc brakes My Question is do the spring perches match the Bronco II and what would the difference in width be ? Or do i just stick with the Explorer 8.8 plan? The...
  19. 87 BII red 12volt wire on back of radio

Ok , I changed out the "Premium Sound"original radio on my 87 BII a few weeks ago , when i removed the factory radio there was a heavier ga. red wire attached to a stud dead center on the back metal part of the radio. I tested this to the dash that the radio was bolted to and got 12 volts . I...
  20. 87 2.9 Explorer radiator swap ?

I recently upgraded my Bronco II radiator to a 94 Explorer radiator . I did have to use nuts and bolts on the bottom of the shroud to get it mount to the radiator. My problem is with the upper hose , the Explorer radiator fitting is angled towards the passenger side a bit and the factory hose...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad