• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 Ranger still dying at certain temp

Again with this thing. We are right back at square one with the mechanic. The truck starts cold, warms up to about where the thermostat would open, and then drops dead. Our only way of driving it now is to sit with my foot on the gas pedal at 1500 rpms (less than that and it dies) until the...
  2. EEC-IV thingie problem

Problem: EEC-IV thingie told the plugged in diagnostic testing computer to go to hell. Diagnosis: Alzheimers. The poor old truck just forgets to start, or forgets it's running. Some days are better than others. I no longer call a tow truck, I just pretend to, so we don't look suspicious...
  3. 1988 New fuel everything, dies at a certain temp

This thing is driving us insane. In the morning, it's cold. Start it up, it runs great. Park for a few hours, try to start it up and go, two blocks later, it just cuts off. Call a tow truck, take it to the shop, the b**tard starts right up and runs great. Hours later, start it up, drive...
  4. 1988 Ford Ranger Starter Relay switch

Can anyone show us the correct way to hook up the wires to the starter relay on the 1988 ford ranger? A photo would be the best help. My hubby had a stroke over a year ago, and is recovering, but can't use his left arm, and has lost all his muscle. He was working on the truck, but a 'helpful'...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad