• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1qaz

Sold at auction

Not sure where to put this so I'll post in in General. This modified 1986 Bronco II actually sold at an RM Sotheby auction this weekend in IN. I don't know how much it went for but I can think of much better uses for it. And this little Courier also crossed the block. Both were in the...
  2. 1qaz

87 and 88 1-2 Shift Fork part interchange TK5

Looking for expert advice on whether or not I can interchange the 1-2 shift forks between 1987 and 1988 TK5 parts. The part numbers are identical minus the year reference. 1987 Part #: E7TZ7230A 1988 Part #: E8TZ7230A I've seen the .pdf file in the TRS library for the 83-87 TK5...but not for...
  3. 1qaz

Transmission Build Code - First Gen TK5

My apologies if this has been asked before...unable to find any references via search here or web search. Is there a way to decipher the transmission build code on the side of a Toyo Kogyo 5-speed? Any way to match it up to a specific engine? Pic below... It's out of my 1987 Ford Ranger XLT...
  4. 1qaz

How To: Remove First Gen Grill and Change First Gen Headlight

Original Poster: 1qaz Difficulty: 1 out of 10 Time to install: 30 minutes Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the...
  5. 1qaz

How To: Replace Rear Window Chrome Trim

Original Poster: 1qaz Difficulty: 2+ out of 10 depending on how much patience you have Time to install: 45 minutes Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this...
  6. 1qaz

First Gen front sway bar question

Was trolling around the salvage yard yesterday and came across a first gen with a front sway bar...the only one I've actually seen. The bar actually attaches to the radius arms and under the first frame support....pics below. My questions are: How much stability does it really offer? And if...
  7. 1qaz

Ford's Answer to a Build Sheet Request

Sent a request to Ford asking how to get a build sheet and window sticker for my 1987 Ford Ranger XLT. Here is the reply. Bottomline: Marti Auto Works now owns their 1967-2007 database. (Note: I did not ask about replacement parts...just the build sheet and window sticker) Hello 1qaz, My...
  8. 1qaz

Ford Factory Radio Display Bulb Replacement

Original Poster: 1qaz Difficulty: 2 out of 10 (if you include removing radio from dash, 1 otherwise) Time to install: 15 minutes Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing...
  9. 1qaz

87 XLT - Factory Optioned Restoration

1987 Ford Ranger XLT - Factory Optioned Restoration Bought this survivor out of Tucson, AZ in Jul 14. No rust, no rot but sun baked and mechanically neglected. The goal is simple: Return her to 1987 showroom quality using genuine Ford and Motorcraft parts as much as possible...some new old...
  10. 1qaz

First Gen Tailgate Letters - aka Brushed Aluminum Applique

Driving around a letter or two short of a full FORD on your tailgate trim? Ever tried to find them thinking you could order said missing letters individually? Frustrated to realize something that should be easy is just a bit more complicated? If so, then this little DIY could be of some help...
  11. 1qaz

Salutations and Greetings - Stock First Gen XLT

I currently own a 1987 Ranger XLT, 2.3L, standard cab. She's a survivor rescued from Tucson, AZ about a year ago...rust free with only 81k miles on her but in rough mechanical shape. Have replaced the timing belt, water pump, power steering, brakes, shocks, wheels, tires, plugs, wires, valve...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad