• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger Condenser fitment

I still have a new a/c condenser for my 1985 Ranger which I no longer own. Does anyone know if this will also fit a 1990 Ranger? Thanks.
  2. Something is killing my battery

Hey folks. I previously had a painful problem with my 1985 Ranger (2WD 2.8 manual). Something was randomly killing the battery. One day it would start fine and then one day it was stone dead. I never found out what was causing the battery drain before I sold that truck. Now, my 1987 Ranger...
  3. I need an HR980 Compressor with screw on ports

Hey folks. I am trying to fix up my truck (1987 Ranger 2.9 L automatic trans) to donate it to an older lady who is really in need of wheels. I am having a/c issues and need some assistance. My system uses an HR980 compressor with screw-on hose fittings, not the newer snap-on type. When I...
  4. Alternatives to the HR980 compressor

Anyone know of any alternatives/replacements to the HR980 compressor used in the 80s? Mine has failed (1987 Ranger 2.9L). I haven't read much good stuff about the HR980s, so I'd like to replace my bad one with another type of compressor if I can. My problem, other than coming up with custom...
  5. Need Help with A/C

Hey guys. I haven't been on here in about a year or so. Here is my problem: I have a 1987 2.9L Ranger with the original HR980 compressor and 161,000 miles. The truck's nearly perfect because I bought it 3 years ago from the original owner, who is now 80 years old. The A/C's R-12 eventually...
  6. Need help with A/C issues

Hey guys. I haven't been on here in about a year or so. Here is my problem: I have a 1987 2.9L Ranger with the original HR980 compressor and 161,000 miles. The truck's nearly perfect because I bought it 3 years ago from the original owner, who is now 80 years old. The A/C's R-12 eventually...
  7. Y'all ready to burn some brains cells?

Need help figuring out this twisted up puzzle. Last year I bought my 1987 2.9L Ranger XLT 2WD automatic in pristine condition from original owner (now 80 years old). 150K on odo. Started and ran fine through the winter. Figured the former owner probably never had the injectors cleaned. So I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad