• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Replacing the clutch. Are these good?

Replacing the clutch in my '10 4L, 4x4, Sport. Looking at these clutch kits. I'm not really modded, just recently did a OEM+ (Mustang GT) diff cover and I have redline fluids, but that's it. I just want a clutch kit with a little more than stock and I know these names...
  2. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

2010, Ranger Sport, 4x4, 5 speed manual. I believe I have the M5OD-R4 transmission but I dont KNOW for sure. Hopefully somebody here can tell me. Is oem fluid the best or should I look at Redline or Royal Purple? Also, for the fill and drain plugs, is there a crush washer that seals? Are they...
  3. Looking at minor mods and major maintenance.

Hey all. A few things I want to hit. First off, I want to be clear in the direction I want to take this. I love OEM+. Using a superior model's OEM parts on a inferior model because they are better than the inferior model's OEM parts. I'm not against OEM parts though. I was told by many that OEM...
  4. Notorious clunk or something else?

2010 Sport, S/C, 4X4, 90Kmiles. When I accelerate hard there a thud/clunk. From what I've read, everybody else seems to have it on acceleration and deceleration. I only have it on the former. Is this the notorious clunk or something else? Thanks in advance.
  5. Whats the best tech manual for this engine and/or 2010 Ranger?

I just replaced my o2 sensors and realized i didnt tq them. I know they just need to be tight but I have crazy OCD about specifications. Im in the middle of an oil change and relized Idk the drain plug tq spec. I found online it 18ft/lbs (somebody PLEASE correct me if im wrong on that). Next...
  6. O2 sensor bung in Exhaust Manifold.

I replaced my passenger (bank 2?) Pre-cat 02 sensor today. I sprayed it down with PBlaster last night and again today before starting. Kind of a pain in the dick. It was siezed on there pretty good. Anyways, I saw on the top rear of the exhaust manifold, there was another bung, with a plug. It...
  7. *Dr. Nck's voice* Hello everybody!

New round these parts and finally got me a Ranger. 4L, 4x4, manual with 84k miles. Im already starting on catching up with maintenance. 1st on the to do list is upstream o2 sensors. Next will be all the oils. Any recommendations on specific oils and diff covers? Thanks for haing me and thanks...
  8. What have YOU done to increase the tow capacity of your Ranger?

I will be buying a Ranger very soon because I need a small truck. Im not looking to haul often with it but I do want the capabilities to carry a good bit of weight. I do have landscaping plans that include a short, single tier terrance. Ive already been looking into minor upgrades. Intake...
  9. Newbie looking for advice.

Looking at a 2011, 3L, Manual, 2wd with 92k miles. Could y'all break down the cons of this year please? Thanks in advance.
  10. Looking at a 2010 4L 4x4 w/manual.

88k miles. Dealer. Any serious cons? Thanks again.
  11. Ranger rookie looking for insight.

I found an '06 Sport Ranger with a 4L, 5 speed manual, 2 wheel drive 115k miles. I'm a big VW guy and have all the tools. I have tools my local dealership doesnt have. I'm savy with maintenance and fixing just about everything on a car/truck. I want to swap in an ALH in the future. However...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad