• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. nomenclature question

What is the little shock for the engine called on a 97 4.0?
  2. The Ranger justs needs a good scrub down...

I don't HAVE to work on any vehicle this weekend! So, I think I'll work on my son's 87 5.0 Mustang sittting in my garage. No lectures, I ok'ed it for as long as he needs to leave it.
  3. 50 miles...

on this little truck and I think I love it.
  4. RPM vs tach

Umm, my 97 4.0 4WD auto will easily bury the tach and then some. It went WAY!!!past the redline and even into the speedo before I realised it.:shok: it has a 5500 redline, and if it's real, I must have hit 7000 plus. Any thoughts??? aside; 4.0's aren't slow.:yahoo: Second aside. It was WAY...
  5. 4wd low and rear end questions

I guess the 97 ranger I bought is a bad ass among stock Rangers. It has an "R6" axle, 3:73 L/S. These L/S's are Torsens?:headbang: And, 4WD high works, 4WD low doesn't. Any thoughts? This thing is gonna be a beast in the snow this winter! The tires are noisily aggressive, plus the L/S.
  6. Steering self centering

My 97 4WD Ranger's steering does NOT self center at all.. I have to manually straighten the steering wheel back after every turn. It does fine on tracking. What's normal for these rigs?
  7. power steering lines

My 97's are rusted out, just about to head out to the garage to replace 'em with the one's I purchased from AZ. Odd thing to me is that the unported version costs almost twice as much as the ported version, and they package a plug for the threaded hole on the ported one. Going to find out any...
  8. Prebent brake lines

Where can I get prebent brakelines for a 97 Ranger extended cab 4.0 OHV, 4WD, either stainless or plainsteel?
  9. Crankshaft position sensor

Short version. Can the CKP from an apparently later model 4.0 be modified to work on an earlier one? Longer version. I bought a 97 Ranger with a 4.0 OHV with a broken crank, at the snought. I bought a crank kit and a new damper AND a CKP for that exact model, since it was not on the engine...
  10. brake lines

Who makes pre bent brake lines for a 97 Ranger 4wd. 4.0 extended cab, either plain or stainless?
  11. New old guy From Michigan

Hi! Like the title says I'm an old guy from Michigan, that needs some resource information on a 1997 Ranger 4.0 4wd I just bought. This is the second Ranger I've had, the first one was an 84 SWB 2WD with a 5.0 4 speed conversion that I did. The conversion was easy with the help of this site...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad