• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. saxtech

2003 3.0 Misfire over 3000 RPM and at hard acceleration

I have a 2003 Ranger 3.0 FF (only 88,000 miles) I have a misfire under hard acceleration and over 3000 RPM. No codes. No Check Engine Light. I found this Technical Service Bulletin but am dreading taking it to a dealer. https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/05-22-12 What should I tell the dealer so...
  2. saxtech

Stripped screw holes for rear license plate frame in rear step bumper pad.

This may seem like a silly question and a no-brainer for most of you guys, but what are your "creative" methods to repair the stripped screw holes in the plastic rear step bumper pad (2003 XLT) for my rear license plate frame? I know you can just shove xtra large screws in the holes but I want...
  3. saxtech

SOLVED - O/D Off Button not working - No O/D Off light on dash when button is pushed.

I just noticed today, that when I push my O/D Off Button at the end of the shifter arm (Auto Trans) the O/D Off light on dash, does not come on. Any suggestions on what's going on here ? 2003 Ranger XLT 3.0 Flex Fuel Auto Trans. 55,000 original miles. Thanks everyone.
  4. saxtech

Instructions for Front Bumper Removal Please - 2003 XLT 2-Wheel Drive

Hello everyone, I'm having a hard time finding "good" instructions or a tutorial on how to remove the front bumper on a 2003 Ranger XLT 2-Wheel Drive. Does anyone have an exploded view or a link to a write-up on this procedure ? Also, any precautions I should note such as air bag sensors ...
  5. saxtech

Passenger Side Vanity Mirror Fell Off - 2003 Ranger

Hi all, Today, I pulled down my passenger side sun visor and to my surprise, the glass mirror and rectangle plastic frame, fell to the floor on my 2003 XLT. The glass did not break, thankfully. So how do I re-attach the mirror and frame to the cloth visor?? I do not see any fastening...
  6. saxtech

Can you Remove and Re-use an old rear step bumper pad without damaging the locking tabs to re-use it ?

Hi guys and gals.... Has anyone ever "safely removed" the top rear bumper pad (plastic cover) on a rear step bumper without damaging the little plastic locking tabs, and re-using the pad on a different bumper ? I just bought a nice, used chrome rear step bumper to replace my black step bumper...
  7. saxtech

Wanted Chrome Rear Step Bumper for 2003 Ranger Wanted in Orange County Calif.

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a Chrome Rear Step Bumper like the one in the picture I've attached here for my 2003 XLT.. I'm in Orange County Calif (Huntington Beach / Fountain Valley) and to avoid shipping it, you would have to be close by. Please message me for my email and/or phone so you can...
  8. saxtech

HVAC Fan Tick

On my 2003 XLT I have an OCCASIONAL slight tick when I turn my HVAC fan on. Sometimes it ticks, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't matter if it is in AC mode or Heat mode.. It's very slight and eventually goes away. Is there an easy way to troubleshoot this? It kinda sounds like a leaf or...
  9. saxtech

Spare PATS Key Programming - I Need Help Please

So I purchased 2 spare PATS keys but I can't get them to program with the 2 working keys that I have. This is my second order for 2 spare PATS keys as the first set wouldn't program either so I sent them back. Now this second order from a different vendor doesn't work either so now I believe...
  10. saxtech

Fuel Gauge Reads Full Always

I have a 2003 XLT with 3.0 Flex Fuel and only 43,000 miles. My fuel gauge is now reading full at all times now. It does not go to empty when I turn the key off and it stays on full when I know it should be at least a quarter of a tank lower. I'm very concerned that this may be a big repair...
  11. saxtech

Lubing Sway Bar Bushings and other bushings - Bad front-end squeak

Two months ago, I bought a 2003 Ranger with only 43,000 Miles on it. It was owned by the Federal Government and appears to be well maintained. My problem is that the front suspension squeaks like crazy (it just started). I looked at the front sway bar bushings and they appear to be a pale...
  12. saxtech

Lever For Tilt Steering Wheel is Wobbly - How Can I fix ?

Hello: Just today, when I pulled the lever to tilt my steering wheel down, the lever had lots of play and was wobbly. It wasn't like that yesterday. It kinda scared me that it was going to fall out :-( Its a 2003 XLT 3.0 Supercab with 44,000 Miles. Is there a simple way to access the anchor...
  13. saxtech

Is there a Tailgate Lift Support Kit for 2003 Ranger ?

I can't seem to find a Tailgate Lift Support Kit (with gas spring and brackets) for a 2003 Ranger Tailgate to lower the tailgate gently without holding on to it. Is there a kit made for our Rangers ? If you know of one, please provide link or please private message me with link or required parts...
  14. saxtech

Need Color Code Instruction Sheet for Wire Harness - Metra 70-1771

Hello: I am trying to connect a Pioneer Radio to my 1998 Ford Ranger. I just purchased the Metra 70-1771 harness and it did not come with the color code instructions. The OEM Package has the wire color code instructions printed on it and this came in a generic bubble wrap envelope (Not the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad