• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RayInStl

Back in the Ranger game!

Haha yeah, they didn't change the name to "midget" in 69 for nothing!
  2. RayInStl

Back in the Ranger game!

Thanks guys. It's good to be back. That's my 66 Austin Healey Sprite. I'm hoping to have it on the road some time this year. Jeep for scale, lol.
  3. RayInStl

Back in the Ranger game!

I'll probably end up hiding a modern head unit somewhere. I listen to Spotify with my phone's Bluetooth anyway, so I don't need to have direct access to the radio controls other than volume. But most cheap head units come with remotes and support steering wheel buttons, so I can come up with a...
  4. RayInStl

Back in the Ranger game!

Hey everyone. I used to be pretty active here until a rusted frame finally took my beloved farm truck Ranger off the road. I've been keeping a loose eye on Facebook Marketplace ever since. Yesterday morning this 83 4x4 4 speed long bed showed up in my feed for the princely sum of $1,000...
  5. RayInStl

Urgent! Starter wire routing

Yeah. Me and the girlfriend are working on getting the house ready for sale. We're tired of the crime and nanny city. I could put up with the city nagging if they could get the crime under control. But it's only gotten worse in the 7 years I've lived here. Time to cut and run. On a...
  6. RayInStl

Any vehicle that either doesn't have valid license plates or has major defects (missing parts, major damage, etc). Basically, if it doesn't run and drive and have plates.
  7. RayInStl

It goes under the oil pan! Aaaaaahhhhhh! I kept trying to go over the transmission! I'll try that. Thanks!
  8. RayInStl

Is the automatic's starter in a different location? (I don't have the original transmission anymore)
  9. RayInStl

Guys I need help quick! The city has declared my truck a derelict vehicle and given me a month to fix it or get it gone. I'm 2 weeks into that deadline and have hit a wall. Sometime while the trans was out, the the starter wire fell out of place and for the life of me I can't figure out how...
  10. RayInStl

4WD M5od for 2.9L

Trying to get my B2 back on the road. Looking for an M5od with the 2.9 or 4.0 bolt pattern. It needs to be 4x4. Willing to travel, but the closer you are to St. Louis, the better. Let me know if you have one in decent condition. Thanks, Ray
  11. RayInStl

Clutch plate backwards or not properly bled clutch?

So I'm within spitting distance of finishing my auto to 5 speed conversion. Just installed the clutch master and bled the system several times. I'm able to shift through the gears easily with the engine off. But once started, I cannot shift into most gears. I can shift into 3rd and 5th with...
  12. RayInStl

FM145 bolt specs

Can anyone tell me how long the bolts are for the FM-145 transmission to engine bolts? I know they are 10mmx1.5 thread but don't know the lengths. I need to order some as mine have gone missing. Thanks.
  13. RayInStl

What's your favorite car/truck related YouTube channel?

I don't have cable. I watch YouTube for entertainment and am always searching for new car/truck channels. Which ones do you watch? Here's my favorites: Diagnostic South Main Auto Eric the Car Guy Briansmoble1 Builds Project Binky (Bad Obsession Motorsports) Roadkill (motor trend) Dirt...
  14. RayInStl

Rear hatch needed shims?

The driver side of my hatch was hanging up really bad. You had to lift up on the hatch to get it to unlatch or latch. And even then, it was a struggle to get it open or closed. I took a closer look yesterday and the latch was half a striker too low. I tried adjusting the striker, but it was...
  15. RayInStl

Dash swap questions

I'm swapping a first gen dash into my 89 B2. I like the way the first gen dashes look and I'm doing an auto to manual swap so having the dash out of the way will make it that much simpler. At least that's how I've justified it in my head. It's my truck, dammit! I read through the tech...
  16. RayInStl

Farm Truck - Truck Bed Camper Trailer

Welp, the farm truck is no more. Rest in many, many pieces, my friend. But many of it's parts are going on to greater things. The back 3rd of the frame, the rear axle, and the bed are becoming a home made (home modified?) off road pop up camping trailer. This project's going to be a slow...
  17. RayInStl

Just got my first B-II

The farm truck ranger has seen it's last highway, but it's parts shall live on. I was looking for a suitable donor to serve as a parts trunk for the ranger (motor and frame) and picked up an 89 Bronco II instead. I used to have a Jeep and have always liked the little Bronco II's I'd see...
  18. RayInStl

Welp, I think I killed it.

I'm so incredibly gutted right now. I spent more than a week redoing the gaskets on this motor and just when I finally had it running tip top, the distributor locks up and I start having bunches of trouble. I posted a thread a week or so ago where I mentioned the spark plug had lost some of...
  19. RayInStl

2002 4.0 head timing

Hey guys, I'm trying to get this explorer back up and going. I had the timing components replaced by a local shop (family friend) but one of the head bolts pulled the threads during install. It's the left head (driver's side). I have the explorer back at my place now and plan to put a...
  20. RayInStl

I think I killed it :'(

Welp. I think I broke my engine good. After 2 weeks of changing gaskets, degreasing, scrubbing, and painting, I got her fired up and she was running good. Puttered around town for a little bit just to make sure there were no problems, then took her on the highway. Only made it about a mile...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad