• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 6R60 4wd to 2wd?

I've been looking around on this, and a major issue I'm potentially facing with just going with a 6r80 2wd is if the '08 computer will talk to it. I could maybe get a computer and 6r80 out of a 09-10 explorer, but I feel like the cost would be more than intended. I looked around at just...
  2. 6R60 4wd to 2wd?

My other thought was just selling the 6r60 and getting a 2wd 6r80 out of... Literally anything haha F150, mustang, whatever. That way it would already be configured the way I need it and handle a little more power once I start dropping more into it. I've heard from some guys who worked at a...
  3. 6R60 4wd to 2wd?

Does the trans need to be completely torn apart to change the output shaft? What vehicles run a 2wd 6r60 that I can pull one from a scrapyard, or is there somewhere to buy a tail housing online?
  4. 6R60 4wd to 2wd?

What's involved with converting a 6R60 4wd to 2wd? Putting in my ranger and want to swap the transfer case for a straight tail housing. What 2wd tail housing will fit on a 6r60? Does the output shaft need to be changed? Has anyone done this before? Thanks
  5. Ford Ranger - 4.6 3v Engine Swap

I've never heard of this HP Tuners thing, you'll have to explain a little more. And by police package wiring you mean the harness off a crown Vic or?
  6. Ford Ranger - 4.6 3v Engine Swap

The explorer is in my name and is just going to be parted out. I'm sure if I said the vehicle was scrap there wouldn't be an issue. I'd have to get in touch with a timer and see if they can program around the cluster and PATS system.
  7. Ford Ranger - 4.6 3v Engine Swap

I've already picked up the '08 Explorer so the 4.6 is what I'm sticking with. The new Coyotes are way too big of a job from what I've seen, and a lot more $$$. I'm not an electrical guy, so getting around the PATS and hooking up the ETC is going to be the things I'm not looking forward to. Is...
  8. Ford Ranger - 4.6 3v Engine Swap

That's what I was hoping for. I've read that some people say you need to keep the original instrument cluster out of the donor vehicle, which I'm not up for since it won't fit in my ranger and I've put work into mine already.
  9. Ford Ranger - 4.6 3v Engine Swap

I have a 2003 Ranger XLT 2wd which currently has a 4.0L with 400,000km on it. I looked around online because I've been thinking of an engine swap soon to a V8 since the truck will be built up into a long travel prerunner. I looked at 5.0s from 96-02 explorers since they're drop-ins but I was...
  10. 2WD Tires and Gear Ratio Questions

This is my first thread on this forum, so bear with me. I've looked around and I'm a little conflicted as to what I want to do to make my 2wd XLT a little more "me". I just got his truck last year, mint condition. 3.55 gear ratio. It's got the 4 litre and moves pretty good with the stock...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad