• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ericbphoto

Bad weather camping (long post)

This past weekend, I did some foul weather camping and I thought I'd pass along a few observations, tips, hints, etc. In case they might help someone in the future. I knew ahead of time that the weather would not be ideal. But carried on anyway, for 2 reasons. One; I pay attention to the...
  2. ericbphoto

Land anchor

Have any of you built or used a land anchor for recovery? I'm going on an overlanding trip to the Outer Banks of NC in March. Although I will be with a group of other capable offroaders, I thought it might be wise to have a land anchor for use in the sand. We will be traveling and camping on...
  3. ericbphoto

Beautiful day.

Went to the junk yard this afternoon. The sun was out and temperatures were at the very top of the "constant nose running" range. So I decided to check out the new inventory. Mostly interested in stuff for the F250. They have a nice 2003 F250 and a 2002 F350 that I could probably harvest white...
  4. ericbphoto

Calendar Photo Submission Requirements and Guidelines

In order to produce a good quality Calendar, your photo submissions must meet certain requirements. I can do some cool stuff in Photoshop. But I need good stock to work from. Here are the requirements, and a few helpful hints and tips to help you submit good photos. 1. Email your full...
  5. ericbphoto

Overland Expo

I’m considering going to the Overland Expo in Stark, FL at the beginning of March. Anyone else considering it? I haven’t been to an Expo yet. All the others are a much longer drive.I need to consider some equipment for later this year and it might be good to actually see what’s out there before...
  6. ericbphoto

NOTICE Calendar vote runoff - 24hrs

OK. As mentioned in the calendar vote thread, we had a 3-way tie for the last few available spots. That means that one of those vehicles will have to be "run off" until next year, So, below are those 3 photos. vote for your favorite 2. If we still end up with a tie, I will go by the date the...
  7. ericbphoto

Seatbelts, people. Wear 'em!

This happened at my local ORV Park yesterday. I was at work instead of playing. As the Jeep rolled, the roof panel popped off and the driver flew out. Everyone is OK. The park requires seatbelts to be worn and has many signs posted as a reminder. Buckle up, Buttercup!
  8. ericbphoto

NOTICE 2024 calendar vote

Ok. I'm putting this in it's own thread so it doesn't dirty up the regular calendar thread. So, We had fairly good participation and there are more entries than there are months for next year. Two spots are taken. One, will be TRS-3. I omitted Jim's trucks one year and was gently chastised. Hey...
  9. ericbphoto

Stereo & CD changer (1997)

I still have the double din stereo head unit and 6-CD changer from my 97F150. Just pay shipping from zip code 29385. I gave the wiring diagrams away with the truck. But you could find that info. I originally took it out so I could put in a display unit for navigation. Worked when removed. I left...
  10. ericbphoto

For Sale '02 explorer coming up for sale

Ok, it's not mine. I don't have the money to buy it. But a co-worker's step-dad just died and his 02 Eddie Bauer Explorer is going to be sold. Co-worker says $1000. It runs. Leather seats are showing wear. I can get more details or put you in contact with Billy. Cheap way for someone to get a V8...
  11. ericbphoto

SgtSandman in action?

Hmmmm. Who’s behind that mask in the fuel tank?
  12. ericbphoto

Maybe I should learn half a dozen languages.

I listed my Fun50 (F150) for sale on FB Marketplace this past weekend. But I also live on busy road, just 2 miles from the county landfill. So far, I have mostly had Ukranians and Hispanics asking about it. A few minutes ago, a Latino man stopped and I quickly learned that when he started...
  13. ericbphoto

An observation.

So I got up later than I had hoped this morning, thinking, "All I have to do is" get my allergy shots, load the truck for the trip to Carlisle and get on the road. No problem. I still decided to cook a meaningful breakfast. That way I won't really need to eat again until this evening. But then...
  14. ericbphoto

Having fun

Well, I had to work and missed a great day at my local offroad park. Every year, they throw a party and have Barbie Jeep races on the park owner's wife's birthday. Every year, it falls on a weekend that I have to work. A proud racer in the "finish pond" Carrying some of the Jeeps back yo the...
  15. ericbphoto

This needs a Ranger 4x4 chassis

Like the title says. This needs to be attached to a 4x4 Ranger chassis with a 5.0l
  16. ericbphoto

Wow! Start 'em young!

I hope this link works for everyone. Take a good look at the driver. https://fb.watch/kzeV5KGEDo/?mibextid=5Ufylb
  17. ericbphoto

2002 F250 diesel - discovery and build thread.

So I found a truck on FB marketplace that I'm interested in as my new tow vehicle to replace my Fun50. It's a 97 F350 crew cab, diesel. I'm assuming that would be a 7.3l powerstroke. But he doesn't say in the ad. 240k miles. Looks great in the pictures. Seller says "has electrical problems...
  18. ericbphoto

Holy Tire, Batman!

Some days, you just can't win. I got a big screw in my tire in the "not so fun50" the other day. I actually found it just before my LBL trip. So, tonight, after work, I decided to put the spare on so I can drive it tomorrow. Upon further inspection, there are 2 foreign objects stuck through this...
  19. ericbphoto

Land Between the Lakes, KY

Tomorrow brings to a close a trip I made to Land Between The Lakes, KY to get a feel for the area and try to find a campground for our fall adventure. While the TRS Staff cogitates over my findings, here is a little bit of what I saw. This area is beautiful and offers things to pique almost...
  20. ericbphoto

Rolling fenders for more clearance

Here's how to do it. https://www.facebook.com/reel/739090597781693?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad