• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gimme some advice

My 1993 and 2007 have been damn reliable.
  2. disappointing mileage

I get 28 mpg in the city. 2007 XLT 2.3 Auto Reg Cab.
  3. 2002 2.3 Duratec Dies & Starts dies & Starts HELP!

Do you get or have a "check engine light"? If so, pull the codes and that might tell you the culprit.
  4. Gas tank and mpg questions, new to me used 2006, bear with me.

Extended cab with a 21 gallon tank I believe.
  5. Changing timming belt

I changed the timing belt on my 93 Ranger twice. The first time I pulled the crank pulley and managed to kill the crank shaft position sensor. It was an expensive mistake. The second time I changed it I did not pull the crank pulley off. It was a very tight fit to get the belt on the crank...
  6. 2007 Ranger XLT Fog Light Installation

I have a 2007 Ranger XLT with the black bumper and wanted to dress it up alittle with some factory fog lights. Ordered them from amazon. I can just pop them into the place were the blanking cover is, I think. My question is what would I need to do to get them to actually work? The truck did...
  7. Gas tank and mpg questions, new to me used 2006, bear with me.

I got 600.5 miles out of a tank of gas in a 93 Ranger XLT I4 2.3 Manual a couple of summers ago.
  8. 2008 2.3 w/automatic idles rough

I have a 2007 that has this vibration too and my wife hates it. I, on the other hand, don't even notice. All it means to me is that she never askes to borrow it! Yahoo!
  9. 2007 Ranger XLT Fog Lights?

I have a 2007 XLT with the black front end (bumper and grill) and I think it would look better with some fog lights installed in the front bumper fog light points. I saw some that are selling on ebay and thought about purchasing but would light to know what else would be required. I know this...
  10. 2007 2.3 Timing Belt?

So, no timing belt. I appreciate the quick answer. So do I have a chain on the 2007 2.3? My interest is peaked and I would like to know.
  11. 2007 2.3 Timing Belt?

How in the world do you get to the timing belt on a 2007 2.3 Ranger engine? My Ranger only has 14,000 miles on it but the other night I looked over the front of the engine and for the life of me I could find no way to get to the timing belt, when I eventually have to. I recently replaced the...
  12. Broken Timing Belt 1993 Ranger 2.3L.

What would be the best way to get the engine #1 cylinder in TDC when the timing belt has broken? I'm doing this to get the crank and cam shaft pulleys into the correct position to replace the belt. Can I just line the pulleys up with a wrench? I'm hoping there are marks on the pulleys and...
  13. Broken 2.3 Timing Belt

I have a 1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3 4cyl with a broken timing belt. I am getting ready to tear into it but I would like to know if the valves might possibly be bent. Anyone with experience or knowlege if this please respond.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad