• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tcbaklash

Need CARB Catalytic Convertor for '90 2.9L

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get my hands on a direct-fit cat for my Ranger that is CARB compliant. I'm having a really hard time finding one, so what are other models that would have the same exact exhaust setup as a '90 2.9L ext cab?
  2. tcbaklash

Craigslist find: Non-Running '86 Turbo Diesel 4x4 (Livermore, CA)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6094217455.html Thought somebody might want to see this. *EDIT: Sorry, Brentwood/Oakley, CA, not Livermore
  3. tcbaklash

2016 Fiesta ST COBB Stage 3 Build

Hey folks. This build is going to be just bolt-ons, so nothing too extraordinary. I want to eventually dyno it and show my results here in the thread as I progress through the build. The goal is eventually acquire all the parts included in the COBB Stage 3 Performance Kit, and also add...
  4. tcbaklash

Where can I get 4.10s and LSD for my 7.5?

Title says it all. I see a lot of these online for Mustangs, but will they work with my truck? I've never worked on axles before.
  5. tcbaklash

Need Help with CB Problems

I'm new to CBs, I don't know much about them at all. I have a Uniden 520XS and a 4' Firestick antenna and I cannot hear anything but static out of the CB. It was working a few months ago, but it doesn't now.
  6. tcbaklash

High Idle After Installing Electric Fan and Fixing Intake Leak

Not sure if this is the right place... I just installed a Flex-A-Lite Direct Fit electric fan in my truck and it works AWESOME, but I'm experiencing high idle now. I also patched a hole in my intake hose while I was at it... Engine: 4.0L OHV ('94 Explorer) Alternator: 95A I fear that my...
  7. tcbaklash

M5OD Sloppy Shifting... Shifter Bushing Bad?

The shifter on my M5OD is very loose. You can see it rattle when it is in gear and it is very difficult to get into reverse or 5th gear because the travel is so far. I was told it's a shifter bushing, but I want to make sure I get all the right parts before I go to work. I saw on Amazon a...
  8. tcbaklash

2.9L vs 4.0L OHV Clutch Fan Size?

Is the clutch fan on a 4.0L OHV engine larger than the one on a 2.9L Cologne? My fan is hitting the fan shroud and I'm thinking either the 2.9L shroud is too small for the 4.0L's clutch fan? If that's not the case, then it is probably an issue with the motor mounts, I've been told. Also...
  9. tcbaklash

Newbie Looking for Susp. Lift Help

Howdy folks, I'm still relatively new to the 4x4 scene and I don't know very much about suspensions. I currently have an old 2" Rancho suspension lift on my truck that the original owner installed. I would like to have a 4" lift because I'm tired of my front bumper hitting dirt, and stronger...
  10. tcbaklash

So my Ranger got hit by a GMC Sierra and Honda Accord...

I apologize for not taking pictures... It was really amusing to see the aftermath of being rear-ended by a full-size truck and see him annhilate his front bumper without my Ranger sustaining any damage. The Honda Accord that hit both of us from behind got a ball hitch straight through the core...
  11. tcbaklash

What Tow Hitch Will Fit a '90 Ext. Cab?

I made the mistake of going to freakin' AutoZone again because I couldn't find a bolt-on hitch anywhere else in town. They sold me a Reese Class III made for "small trucks", said right on the box it would fit my truck. Well it didn't. Apparently I'm an idiot because I threw out my receipt and...
  12. tcbaklash

1990 Ranger Temp Input Pin (Instrument Cluster)

Need a pinout diagram or a straight answer on what # the coolant temp input is in the instrument cluster. I know that it's either 13, 14, or 15, but I'm not sure which one of those.
  13. tcbaklash

1990 Ext. Cab, What Seats Can I Use?

I recently grabbed up a nice 60/40 bucket set from a '99 Ranger. After I cleaned them up and was about to swap the seat rails, I noticed that I couldn't remove them from the rails... I was pretty disappointed, because these seats were exactly what I wanted. I've searched high and low, and I...
  14. tcbaklash

Rattling/Ticking Noise During Acceleration

Engine: 4.0L OHV Transmission: M5OD Something is rattling/ticking under my truck when 2nd/3rd/4th/5th gears are engaged. The noise gets louder the more I am accelerating and the higher the gear. It does not tick in neutral or 1st gear, leading me to think that it only ticks when my...
  15. tcbaklash

4.0 OHV Ludicrous MPG

I managed 21.6mpg from Biggs, OR to Klamath Falls, OR driving between 55 - 75mph the entire way (besides when driving through towns). Terrain is completely flat for the many hundred miles and I probably had the wind pushing me too. I ran my numbers three times to make sure that it was a correct...
  16. tcbaklash

Automatic Hub Slipping: Repair or Replace?

My truck is running the OG stock automatic hubs from way back (which I'm reading here and there is a damn long time for these things to survive). I'm still pretty new to this whole 4x4 thing, my last project was an '86 BMW and I have no idea what I'm doing, but my driver's-side hub is slipping...
  17. tcbaklash

Do I need an 8.8 with a 4.0L OHV?

Is it recommended at all to run a 7.5 with a 4.0L OHV? My friend will sell me an 8.8 from a '90s pickup, but I don't want to buy and install it if I don't have to.
  18. tcbaklash

4.0L OHV Rough Idle Problem

When my truck is left sitting while idling, the idle will begin to lope and is powerful enough to shake the whole truck when the engine gets warm. I don't have a tachometer connected to the truck right at the moment, so I have no clue what my RPM is when this is happening. I cleaned out my IAC...
  19. tcbaklash

"Alice" 1990 4x4

1990 XLT, ext. cab, 5speed Mazda transmission, '94 4.0 OHV engine, 2" Rancho lift Before Purchase Day One Old lights Post-Engine Swap Last Winter Post-Paint Now Background: Third owner of the truck. Has 120k body miles of mostly being towed behind an RV, putting almost...
  20. tcbaklash

Hello from Washington

Sup guys, I've been a Ranger owner since I've been driving. Last year sold my 2003 2WD and picked up a 1990 4x4. I was using FordRangerForum, but the community there sucks, and I was told by the previous owner of my truck that this place is much better. Anyway, I'll be spending my time on the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad