• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2005 4.0 in a sport trac

Trying to determine why a 4.0 will not idle. It starts up and runs fine but as soon as you let off the gas pedal it cuts off.
  2. advice for a reliable daily driver ranger

Looking to get a used ranger 04 and up as a daily driver. 2.3 or 3.0. Which trans would be the most reliable the m5od or 5r44e? Probably drive it about 500 miles a week and do occasional home depot runs move a washer dryer stuff like that.
  3. m5od r1 slave cylinder

Does anyone have any experience/ comments about the perfection clutch slave cylinders?
  4. found this 02 5.4

488k, says original engine and tranny too
  5. what do you think a fair price is for this ranger

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ctd/6122802439.html 1. looks to be leaking from rear main seal 2. tranny runs long from 3-4 shift 3. decent amount of rust underneath but not too bad. doesnt look like its seen a lot of offroad use. 4. front end components appear to be original, pulls a...
  6. m5od slave cylinder

Which brand is the longest lasting most reliable slave cylinder to get when replacing the clutch?
  7. To bad ford did not make this an option in the ranger

2.3L DISI Turbo (L3-VDT) Mazda L3-VDT direct injected turbo An award-winning turbocharged version of the 2.3 with direct injection spark ignition, or "DISI" is also produced. It develops 263 hp (196 kW) @5,500 RPM and 280 lb·ft (380 N·m) @3,000 rpms and is capable of propelling the Mazdaspeed3...
  8. 97 ranger 3.0 Ignition switch

Having an intermittent ignition switch problem. Put the key in and its as if the battery is dead. Battery is good, alt is good. Then all of a sudden it fires right up like normal. Is that a bad ignition switch? The switch kind of moves around in the colum like its loose. I have never had an...
  9. Used ranger advice

I'm looking at a stock 1998 ranger 4x4, 4.0 ohv, auto trans code D 5r55e, 3.73 rear, 193K on the clock. I test drove it and it shifts hard from a stop into first. There appears to be trans fluid leaking from where the trans bolts to the engine. I guess it could be oil but it had a reddish tint...
  10. 4.0 ohv engines

Did the 4.0 ohv engines have multiple timing chains like the sohc 4.0 engines?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad