• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sad day!

Just had to get on and say WTF ford/Mazda?? Since you can't make a decent 4dr Ranger that can pass a rollover test I have been forced to the Expensive Toyota dark side to accommodate having a kid! Sadly I had to sell my beautiful 94 ranger with its freshly built 4.0 and freshly built 5spd along...
  2. Acceptable Spindle wear? 94 4x4.

Just a question out of curiosity, what is the opinion on acceptable spindle wear on 4x4 rangers, dana 35 axle (not that it makes a difference). had water in my outer bearing and ran it dry, I was able to get it off before it seized to the spindle, but it did leave some markings. I realize the...
  3. Parking light to blinker conversion question

Ok, long story short, building custom bumper, needed signals to pass safety, wired my parking lights to blink, no problem, but they were tightwads and said they weren't bright enough, so I cut holes in the bumper and reinstalled factory blinkers but left them wired to the parking lights so that...
  4. Mystery water leak...?

This has me a little puzzled, parked my truck today and an hour later noticed a good sized puddle underneath, found it was just water, but it dripped pretty constantly for an additional hour+. Must have been 1-2 cups of water. It was about 65 degrees today, haven't run AC in a month, it's not...
  5. Factory fender flares 94, B4000

I have searched and searched and come up empty, I'm missing one of the black stock fender flares from my 94, B4000. Ebay, Amazon and the whole of google cannot seem to provide anything of use. None of the junkyards within 100mi have a B4000 and the Rangers don't use these plastic fender flares...
  6. 97 2wd leveling

I know this has been covered 1000 times, and I have done my homework. I've leveled rangers before, but the 97 2wd is a funky one with little support. I have not been able to talk to anyone that has successfully leveled one. Puck spacers don't work as the spring bolt is to short, but they don't...
  7. High voltage distributor box?

Just had to throw this out there, I've been eyeballin Accel high voltage distributor box for my 94 4.0. Motor and tranny all just rebuilt and just about every other part is new. Current box works fine, only reason I'm looking at this is I can get it for dirt cheap from a surplus store. Just...
  8. Temperatures?

Looking for some feedback to see what others see regularly. 94 ranger 4.0 ohv, new wp, radiator, hoses, thermostat, fan and fan clutch along with full stock overhaul of the motor within 2k miles. Usually runs on the cool side (below half, but I can say what temp since I didn't get a temp gun on...
  9. wheels bound up after wheeling.

Hey all, odd question, figured I'd probe for any similar experiences on here. 94 ranger (B4000) 4.0, 4x4, did some light wheeling over the weekend, truck did great, drove it home without any issues and parked it all day Sunday. This morning I went out about 6am to go to work, popped the e-brake...
  10. 94, 4.0 Oil leak after rebuild

I'm probably abusing the need urgent help section, but I am working on this right now and need a little input.just completed full rebuild, new everything. Been breaking it in and have only put about 10 miles on it and I have an active drip. Since I've totally cleaned and painted everything I...
  11. 94 4.0 4x4 no start after rebuild

Finally got everything buttoned up with my stock 4.0 rebuild, but now I'm stumped! The engine cranks over strong and the battery is fully charged but it won't start. (Motor ran good before rebuild) I think I've ruled out a fuel delivery problem as I'm getting a strong 35psi on the fuel rail...
  12. 94 4.0 lower intake question

Still new here and I need a little more help ASAP. this motor is still out on the stand and nearly ready to go back in. I just torqued the heads and lower intake back on, in order and in the alternating sequence described in multiple threads and manuals, I've done many a lower intake gasket and...
  13. 94 CMP sensor install (specific question)

I'm new here so bear with me. I'm not looking for a how to on this, just a specific answer so I can move on today. I'm completing a rebuild on my 94, 4.0 and am re-installing the CMP sensor and trying to get it aligned with the engine on a stand to save the trouble of doing it in the vehicle. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad