• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ECU Programming

Is there a recommended company to custom program my ECU?
  2. Swap wiring

I apologize for my ignorance, but... There is the wire harness on the Explorer 5.0 engine, there is a wire harness in the engine bay, and a wire harness in the cab on my 1997 Ranger. I can't figure out what combination I need to use. I found wire and vacuum Ford shop manuals for the Ranger and...
  3. Complete Explorer Swap

I am going to transplant all 1998 Explorer wire harnesses into my 1997 Ranger, along with instrument panel. Is this a bad idea? There is so much extra stuff on the Ex 5.0.
  4. Passive Theft System Wiring

I have a 1997 Ranger with all wire harnesses, a 1998 Explorer doner car, and a 2000 Explorer 5.0. Do I need to use the Explorer dash harness to satisfy the PTS requirements? I found the tech article which was invaluable, but am not sure how to connect the systems.
  5. Washers for 8 hole Alcoa's

I have 8 hole Alcoa's wheels on my 97 Ranger, it appears that there are supposed to be washers on the wheels. Can anyone verify?
  6. Fuel return line?

Do you just plug the return fuel line at the fuel pump on the 5.0 swap?
  7. Broken Resivoir

The PS Resivoir on my 2000 explorer 5.0 is broken and they are no longer available from Ford. Any suggestions for a replacement?
  8. No Radiator Clearance

I have the 5.0, r2, and 8.8 rear end installed and slid the radiator in place to find out I have 1/2" clearance between the radiator and fan pulley. I have trimmed out the radiator support and moved the radiator all the way forward. I am now ua to 2 7/8". I guess my options are explorer 8501...
  9. Starter help

I have a 1996 Explorer 5.0 164 tooth flywheel m50r2 trans in 1997 ranger, does anyone know which starter to use? I'm near blind from reading but can't find the answer. Please help
  10. Ranger Clipart

I'm trying to design a Ford Ranger 5.0 Tshirt and haven't been able to find any gnarley ranger clipart. Does anyone have any leads? I'm not very tech savy.
  11. Ranger fuel pump ratings

I'm having trouble finding the ratings for stock ranger fuel pumps. I'm going with a mustang efi engine and need to know if the stock pump is sufficient. Thanks
  12. M50D R2 Shaft Length

I'm using a 1996 Explorer 5.0 engine and a 1997 F150 M50D R2 which mated fine. I read in an article that the pilot shaft had to be shortened, does anyone know about this problem?
  13. Firewall Hammer Adjustments

Looking for pictures of the hammer adjustments that need to be done to the firewall for 5.0 installation. I prefit the R50DR2 and it appears there is going to be big adjustments.
  14. Center Caps for Aluminum Wheels

When I bought my '97 Ranger it had 15X7 8 hole polished aluminum wheels, the center caps are in bad shape and I haven't been able to find even a picture of them. They have a flange that fits over the studs somthing I've never seen before. I think they might be alcoa? Can anyone help?
  15. A9l ECU

The Cardone part number for an A9l is 78-4352. I found them on cardit for $137.00 plus $73.00 core charge. A lot better than the $400.00 they are going for on ebay.
  16. Ported Vacuum Switches

I was ordering a ported vacuum switch for my 90's 5.0 that's going in my Ranger and discovered that a 3 port switch kept coming up. My 1991 Mustang has a 2 port switch. I went to my Ford dealer and they just scratched their heads. Can anyone help ?
  17. Engine Separater Plates

Does anyone have a good number for separator plates? I'm putting a 96 Explorer 5.0 to an r2 5 speed manual. I have one from a c5 automotive but would have to cut it out for pressure plate clearance??? Kind of an iffie proposition.
  18. Computer Alternatives

Finding an a9l is tough, I've only found one @ $400.00. Has anyone had experience with the refurbished ones from Cardone? Also ran across an a3m which is supposed to be the same.
  19. Engine spacer/ starter index plate

I'm piecing parts together for my v8 ranger swap and am having trouble finding a spacer plate. The flywheel is a 164 tooth, does anyone know if the 4 cyl plate will work? I found frame damage while stripping dow for the engine removal, the price of fun just went up.
  20. Hello from East Texas

I'm a 69 year old widower reliving the 60s. I have a 2004 Ranger Edge bought new, a1991 Mustang GT that I just finished restoring, and a 1997 Ranger that is about to receive a 1996 Explorer 5.0. Oh and I bleed blue. I've already received a lot of great information, which I really appreciate...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad