• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 ford ranger base model manual transmission. brake lines

Hello, I am replacing a section of the brake line's original equipment. It goes from near the driver's seat to the back rubber hose block. the line is 3/16 inch and the line up near the seat is a bubble flare and the back block at the rubber hose is an inverted flare. Can someone tell me what...
  2. drivers door does not close tight

hello, I am thinking that the latch mechanism in the door is worn and needs to be replaced. The hinges seem good. The door seems to be in alignment. The catch or striker seems to be good. When the door is latched it moves to the point where you want to slam the door to close it but it still...
  3. best jack for my ranger?

hello, I do not have a jack for my 2000 ranger. Can anyone advise my best option for travel use. Something I can put behind the seat. My instinct tells me a bottle jack and some wooden 4 x 4 pieces. thanks for a reply ask a question and be a fool for a minute/don't ask a question and be a...
  4. throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

hello, I appreciate if anyone has experience with this. to give you the history of the problem for some reason the bracket that holds the throttle cable to the engine (manifold) at the carburetor broke for some unknown reason. I welded it together and the gas peddle works now. Although the gas...
  5. stock jack for 2000 ranger regular cab, long bed

hello, I have a question about the best jack to use for a on the road flat tire. My 2000 ranger did not come with a jack and I have a hydraulic bottle jack with a bunch of pieces of 2x6 lumber, in case i need to fix a flat. Is the original jack wort me trying to find one. Was the original jack...
  6. 2000 2.5 engine with air filter that is soaked in oil?

hello, I have had this old ranger for about 4 years now. the filter sitting outside of the engine at the end of a big tube . I was told that the external air filter that looks like a shop vac filter needs to be cleaned and then oil applied to it. Should I purchase an new one or try the...
  7. canister components behind differential on bottom of body

I was changing my muffler tonight and I noticed a canister attached to the under body right behind the differential. its about 16 inches long by 4 inch diameter. I am guessing it is a vacuum type device for the gas tank. Can anyone tell me what this is. Also I had to take the spare down and...
  8. fixing a broken mirror on side view but glass only- information please.

hello will the drivers side view mirror come apart from the outside to replace the mirror glass only? I am wondering if the rim pops off and if I can replace the broken mirror. I have a 2000 ford ranger without power to the mirrors. I never messed with a mirror before and I am not sure if I...
  9. side view mirror glass only replacement information please.

hello: I re-posted this question under the general discussions section and received a few good replies. thanks. question was, "will the drivers side view mirror come apart from the outside to replace the mirror glass only?" I was wondering if the rim pops off and if I can scrape the broken...
  10. advice on buying a rebuilt engine 2.5 L

hello, I have a 2000 4 cylinder 2.5 L manual transmission ranger. I am thinking about having my mechanic put in a rebuilt engine in and he has been searching for a good rebuilt and has not come up with any definite places to purchase one. Any suggestions on who and where to purchase a good...
  11. clutch adjustment after bleeding.

hello, I have a 4 cylinder 5 speed manual ranger 2.5 l engine. I bled the slave cylinder after the hydraulic line was disconnected. After I bled the slave cylinder I have a good solid peddle. Now at idle or starting out in 1st gear as usual. I have clutch chatter going on. As if the clutch is...
  12. bleeding a hydraulic clutch line.

My questions are for bleeding a slave cylinder after the line has been disconnected please. I have a 200 4 cylinder 2.5 engine with a 4 speed with an overdrive manual transmission. When a quick connect line has been disconnected and the clutch peddle has been pressed multiple times while the...
  13. shock suggestions for 2 wheel drive

Hello, I have a 2 wheel drive 2000 ranger and its new to me and the ride is terrible. Any suggestions on a good shock that will smooth it out some? I do carry weight in it once in while only. thanks for the help
  14. 2000 clutch master cylinder hydraulic line connection

hello, I have a 2000 ranger 5 speed manual transmission with a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. This is a continuation on having my hydraulic line popping off the slave cylinder when the clutch rusted frozen due to the truck sitting for 5 weeks with a lot of rain, and when I applied a lot of clutch...
  15. probable cause for the clutch to freeze up

I received some good help yesterday on what I have to do to repair my hydraulic line/clutch master cylinder assembly and how the clutch system works and possible cause. thanks again. Along with a u tube video I have a good Idea how to go about replacing the clutch hydraulics. I have a good...
  16. manual transmittion cluth failure need some insight.

hello, I have a 2000 2.5 L, manual 4 cyl. engine. I have had this ranger sitting for about a month and just found out the engine was very low on oil. I went to start it and the clutch would not not press down. I gave a little force with my foot and the clutch went to the floor without doing...
  17. electric on the oil pressure switch

hello, thanks for the help so far. I am trying to disconnect the electric clip connection on the oil pressure switch on a 2000 2.5L 4cyl manual ranger. Its way up underneath as I found out recently. Does that clip come straight off or do you need to squeeze or disconnect a little prong on the...
  18. finding a sending unit location on a 2000 2.5 L 4 cly manual

Hello, I tried to find a picture of the location and cant not find the sending unit or is it called the oil pressure switch for controlling the oil pressure gauge on the dash board. the needle is jumping around and I figure I should start with the sending unit. I see something on the...
  19. brand suggestions on new shocks

Hello, can anyone suggest a type or brand of shocks that are good for a ranger xl, 4cly manual long bed. I am not sure if I just get the best price or go for a specific type. thanks.
  20. need encouragement on recent puchase.

just purchased a 16 year old ranger that was garage kept and very well maintained regularly from a ford dealer during the last ownership of 16 years. It is a 2000 ranger 2.5L manual, with only 43000 miles, I purchased it from a chevy dealer, as is. All they did was put new tires on it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad