• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Pix3L8

Facebook marketplace sucks

About a year ago I was kicking around the idea of selling my b2. I threw it up on marketplace and had a pretty disheartening experience with people just wanting to beat on my truck for 15 minutes and then leave without even a callback. I took it off MP for the winter and have been so busy...
  2. Pix3L8

First and 2nd gen ICM modules

So I’m half heartedly looking around for another ICM for my bii. The problem is I have a literal box with burnt up ones I’ve gotten from various parts stores. I usually get a year or less out of them before they go bumpkis. Does anyone have a good source for a GOOD ICM? I’ve used cardone...
  3. Pix3L8

Supporting member upgrade

Hi all, the past year I bought the SM upgrade. I noticed my subscription had lapsed so I purchased it again this week but I don’t have the banner anymore and I’m still seeing ads. Anyone else having this issue??? The payment went through on my card so I’m not sure whats up. -Jon
  4. Pix3L8

2.9l giving me a headache

Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted about my truck. This past winter the pig died on me at a gas station, crank no spark. Got it towed home and after some inspection found a suspect-looking ignition coil power wire. After I fixed that the truck would start sometimes but kind of struggle...
  5. Pix3L8

2.9 intermittent spark and stalling

Hey guys, I’m having an interesting problem with the old bronco II and ide like to see what you all think. About 8 months or so back I was parked getting gas, when I went to start the truck it just cranked away but didn’t start. So I got it towed and really didn’t mess with it much for a few...
  6. Pix3L8

possibly selling the BII, looking for some advice

Hey guys, haven’t posted on the forum for a while now due to working on other car projects and school. The old 89 bronco ii has taken a backseat for the past few months and ive begun to think about selling it. In one of my previous posts on my profile I outlined a lot of the work I have done to...
  7. Pix3L8

Anyone know how to read OBD1 ABS codes?

Trying to pull some ABS codes from the 89 but from my understanding you can’t use a traditional scan tool?
  8. Pix3L8

2.9 Starter problems

Hey guy, I wanted some input on a reoccurring problem I have again with the bronco 2. The trucks got a 2.9 with a fm145 tranny out of a 85 ranger in it. The truck sometimes makes a clatter or almost grinding sound for a split second as the engines ignites. Right as you crank it over and the...
  9. Pix3L8

Quick question for you electricians out there

So here goes, last week I was driving my Bronco to pick up some lumber, as one does on a Sunday afternoon. The truck started a little weak but drove to the lumber yard fine. I place my order and go out to leave....CLICK..no crank. So after an hour of messing with the truck and sweating to death...
  10. Pix3L8

looking to get a trailer hitch

I'm kicking around the idea of getting a trailer hitch for the ol bronco so I can take my boat out on the lake. I have a lot of options online but figured ide ask if you guys had any input on brands etc
  11. Pix3L8

Need your opinion on some rust repair

Ok guys quarantines got me going over my truck with a fine tooth comb trying to fix everything I can. I’ve had some rust in my back floor for a while but never did anything about it. I’ve got some rust cancer right in the back right corner of the cab (Bronco ii) right around the passenger side...
  12. Pix3L8

Fuel pump won’t prime

Ok guys here’s my issue, driving the bronco today and she died on me. turned the key and got a battery light, my abs light, no check engine light and fuel pump wouldn’t prime. Let it sit for a minutes and boom it came on, surged and sputtered then died. Tried again about 5 minutes later and it...
  13. Pix3L8

hows everyones "quarantine" going?

I don't know about you guys but I've been cooped up in the house too long, just messing with the truck to keep myself busy until work starts again.
  14. Pix3L8

no brake lights or running lights

Quick question for ya, I wanted to take the bronco out and finally drive the thing but I noticed I do not have tail lights or brake lights. I pulled the harness from the driver's fender back to the rear of the truck..no broken wires. I also noticed that I hear a click when I press the pedal or...
  15. Pix3L8

thoughts on high-idle

Hey guys, so since my last post, I got my 2.9 put back together, in the truck, and it's running like a champ, purring like a kitten. You see the only issue that I'm having, which as I understand, is a 2.9 "thing" is that my idle won't go down no matter what I do to it. If I start the truck and...
  16. Pix3L8

1989 2.9l break-in procedure

Alright, guys, I need your collective ford knowledge for the little predicament I'm in. I'm on my second 2.9 rebuild and I'm slowly learning from my mistakes from the first time I tried this. I recently purchased an 89 block from a pick and pull yard, the engine has roughly 140k on it, in decent...
  17. Pix3L8

2.9 Pandoras box

Alright, guys, I'm back with a new problem. some of you might remember that over the summer I rebuilt my 2.9 and have been dealing with issues ever since. since my last post, I have replaced my entire wiring harness, all engine sensors, and swapped around a few ECMs which resulted in a...
  18. Pix3L8

Spout connector

I’ve got my sights on another bronco ii to use as a donor for mine. Before I give up completely on my 2.9 I want to look into the 18 KOER (spout grounded) code I’m getting. The yellow and green spout wire runs from the plug to the ecm on the PS kicker and the solid yellow also runs to the ecm...
  19. Pix3L8

EEC-IV OBD1 codes and general ford nonsence

another week and another post on the forum, buckle up here we go. Alright since my last post I got the truck running and "timed" 10 degrees adv "spout unplugged", and frankly it runs like s**t. plugged spout back in, truck off, restarted it. crossed fingers etc etc. I checked for vacuum leaks...
  20. Pix3L8

Fuel injector questions

Alright ladies and gentlemen, back again with another problem I could use your help with. I’m having difficulty finding the correct order to connect my fuel injector wiring harness to the injectors. “I HAVE seen the thread about it but I’m skeptical still”, last time I went messing around with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad