• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. slave cylinder and clutch question

clutch on my 97 3.0 2wd went out the other day. I havent pulled the transmission yet as I'd like to have all the parts in hand. I see kits online with the complete hydraulic slave cylinder/throwout bearing combo and then there are ones with just a throwout bearing. does the throwout bearing...
  2. explorer axle and spring swap question

I'm looking in the tech section at the whole explorer/ranger article and it doesnt mention whether the 91-94 explorer axles are a direct drop in? I'm wanting to go from the 86 code axle in my 96 ranger to the D4 code axle in a 94 explorer at the u-pull. basically going from a 3.73 open 7.5" to...
  3. speedometer is off?

so I bought a 96 3.0 5speed ranger. it came with wheels/tires off an explorer and they are 255/70R15. I didnt think much about it until yesterday when I almost got a ticket for speeding. cop said I was doing 68 in a 55. I told him I was doing 60, which yeah is speeding, but it sure wasnt...
  4. check engine light for gauge swap

just posting as a public service for everyone else. swapping from a non-tach cluster to a tach cluster from an explorer doesnt keep the check engine light unless you repin the cluster terminals. I didnt really want to get into it so I just bided my time and waited for a same year ranger (mine...
  5. 96 extended cab ranger...2 or 4 door explorer seats? and power question?

I've read both ways, hoping someone who's actually done this can answer. I've read that explorer seats bolt directly into the extended cab rangers (mine is a 96) without having to do any rail swapping etc...nobody really answers which ones? is it the seats from the 2-door 95-01 explorers or...
  6. engine ecu compatibility?

I think after 468k miles, the ecu in my 96 3.0 stick ranger is failing. truck runs fine but I keep getting random weirdo codes. I'll check it after one run and get one or more codes. then run it again and get completely different ones. a bunch of them always mention as the last system...
  7. help with weird obd2 codes

1996 3.0 ranger. Bought it last week and just going through it. Check engine was on when I got it. My ebay elm327 Bluetooth code reader won't connect to it...first vehicle I have that won't lol. Went to oreillys and read codes. P0125 - usually bad ect sensor P1443 - usually bad purge valve...
  8. factory air intake tube differences? 1996

I've got a 1996 3.0 ranger. its a early 96 build (if memory serves, build date is 10/95). the oem air intake tube going to the throttle body is cracked up and I went to the u-pull to get a different one. they had another 96 3.0 ranger there but the intake tube is shaped differently. mine is...
  9. 1996 ranger interior color?

Anyone know what the gray colors were available for 1996 and what trim codes they had? Trying to figure out what gray I have in this truck and if it was the same as any mustang colors. If it is then I can just order the interior dye spray cans and headliner material for cheap from LRS. Thanks!
  10. 1996 ranger cooling gauge and obd2 access?

96 ranger 3.0 ranger. I can't connect to the obd2 port. None of the fuses are blown either. Any ideas? Also, the coolant gauge is almost non functional. Temp sending unit or possibly the gauge in the cluster itself??
  11. bought a new (to me) ranger

so after selling my last one a couple years ago and regretting it. I finally found another one (actually even more what I wanted finally). bought a 1996 extended cab 3.0 5speed red exterior and grey interior for $600 yesterday. get this, 458,000 miles on it haha. runs good but has a check...
  12. 83-92 non-4.0 ranger axles vs 4.0 axles, difference?

what is the difference between the non-4.0 and the 4.0 ranger/broncoII axles? is it a completely different setup with a different offset to the carrier, etc or are they just 31 spline versus the regular 28 spline and everything else is the same?
  13. 83-92 rear axle into 92+ truck...here's your pics

ok, I did a 3.73 limited slip 8.8 rearend swap from a 91 4x4 truck the other week. just got finished with some other stuff to put it back on the ground today. yes, I know the 83-92 axles are shorter by 1" on each side. too bad this was an 8.8" rear and 3.73 limited slip and 10" drums oh...and...
  14. bearings in front rotors?? 96 2wd

was grinding my front rotor hats down for my bullit wheels on my 96 and realized the front right one's outer wheel bearing was completely toasted (that explains the wobble on the highway). anyway, how to you remove the bearing races to replace them and also how do you replace the inner wheel...
  15. 2.3t valvecover on 96 ranger DP head?

cant remember or not if the 2.3t aluminum valve covers (87-88 tbird and svo style) clear the throttle body on the DP ranger engines or not due to the throttle body? anyone running one on their stock engine? no clearance issues??
  16. anyone on RPS??

dont really like to ask questions about competing forums....but... signed up the other day over there as I saw some parts for sale that arent on here or any other forums but even after finishing signing up, it wont let me post anything...even in the noob posting section :bawling: anyone know a...
  17. anyone try monroe load carrying rear shocks?

monroe part #58608 or gabriel #43165 both shocks are meant for extra towing capacity. I tow a boat with my ranger as well as a trailer. I'm going to go on my next paycheck and get a set of leaf springs from a 91 4x4 ranger at the u-pull as they have extra leafs in them but I'm also thinking...
  18. ok, pre-93 ranger 8.8 into a 96 ranger width question

ok, reading in the tech archive in the 7.5/8.8 article it was telling me that the AXLES for 83-92 are 1" shorter each. and then in 93, they went 1" wider. I've got a 96 ranger with an open 3.73 7.5" rearend. I finally found an R6 code rearend locally :yahoo: but its in a 91 truck. Here's my...
  19. anyone run 05+ mustang wheels on their ranger?

whats the fitment like compared to the 94-04 type wheels?? I know the 05+ has the same offset as the 84-86 svo which is a different offset from the regular foxbody and sn95 cars. do they stick out too much or tuck too much??
  20. who's put a 95-01 explorer console in their manual trans ranger?

I look at all the 95-01 consoles and they have no place for the shifter to come through? I've seen a few manual explorers out at the u-pull but they always have the console already pulled...is this why because they are so rare and everyone wants an explorer console? lol. I'm mainly wanting to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad