• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 3.0 Heads, again........

After 70,000 miles since doing the heads and head gaskets, my 3.0 has a drinking problem. Its drinking coolant and cylinder #6 is low on compression.... Here we go again:
  2. 2000 Extended Cab XLT Seat Refurb

I finally got tired of sitting like a hunchback in my truck while commuting and decided to be productive with some extra time off thanks to virus fears. My truck has also been read ended and the drivers seat hasn't ever been quite right ever since. I went to the local pull a part and went on the...
  3. Heater core flush

Cold weather finally made it this far south. I noticed the Ranger's heat was very lacking. I checked and changed the vacuum lines to the canister in the fender and to the heater hose shut off valve. Then I checked the blend door actuator and all was well with it. So I ran the truck and got it...
  4. Oddball size spare to match aftermarket rims

I am running 225/70R16 tires on my truck on aftermarket rims. I dropped my spare today just to check it and it was low on air. I checked the date code which is "319" which means 31st week of 1999. so the spare is 20 years old. After looking around, the comparable 15" rim tire size is 225/75R15...
  5. New headlights on my 2000

I had enough Amazon rewards built up to pick these up for free. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008G23AUQ The reviews seemed good, and even if they don't last very long, I am going to take my time to sand and re-clear coat my OEM headlights to get them looking good again and keep them...
  6. Dynomax exhaust muffler replacement

Back in 2009, I installed a Dynomax cat back exhaust (WLK-17315) along with the JBA shorty headers and a tuner. The other day I got in the truck and as soon as I started it, I noticed the exhaust note was louder. I was heading to work, so I just went ahead anyway. Once I had some time at lunch...
  7. 3.0 Mystery Noise

My 2000 3.0 Ranger has had a mystery noise for a while: _-cekrjAcPc Finally cured it with a new tensioner. You can see in the pictured how the belt was riding towards the front of the pulley on the worn out tensioner making it squeal as it was going onto the crank pulley. The belt being out of...
  8. Head swap on 2000 3.0

Posted this over on the Fordtrucks forums. Here's the recap of my project. The breaks with the ~~~~~~~ are where it was different posts on different days: 5-16-2018 My 2000 2WD had been getting a worse and worse misfire over time. Add to that random codes for lean conditions and misfires on...
  9. 2000 3.0 power glitch

Here is one I cannot find an answer to thus far: I was driving my truck home on the interstate and before I got onto an elevated section, the truck seemed to stumble. It turns out that everything electrical reset. The stereo reset, the cruise control shut off, and all the gauges cycled like the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad