• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 2.9 5-speed “popping and gurgling” consistently when coasting in gear or down shifting

Hey guys, 1988 2.9L 5-speed 4x4 super cab intermittently on idle and when driving the truck has a little stumble (flutter in RPM down). Generally it idles and runs smooth but have noticed more lately stumbling a little bit on the highway and stumbling tach and RPM on startup occasionally...
  2. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 Super Cab BW1350 manual shift/manual hubs, Extreme vibrations when hubs are locked in...

1988 Super Cab FM146 BW1350 manual shift/manual hubs, Extreme vibrations when hubs are locked in 2WD and 4WD... It feels Fine when hubs are not locked in 2WD! This started during a day of wheeling at the end of the day. Suddenly I had a very noticeable vibration from the t-case shifter and the...
  3. GingerKing13

1988 4x4 Ranger Coil Spring Lift using F-150 2WD Coil Spring Seat

Hey guys, I have a 1988 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 EXT Cab (dana 28 TTB). I'm needing an extra inch or a little more to combat the sag after putting on a steel bumper and winch in the front. I have found reading articles like this fantastic one...
  4. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 2.9L 4x4 EXT cab | what fuel pump is the right one for my tank?

Hey gang, Ive had this 1988 2.9L 4x4 EXT CAB Manual for 7 years and have never been able to use more than 10.5 Gallons until the gauge shows empty and she sputters to death. I swapped the fuel pump out and I still have the same issue. The first pump I had in there was the straight one that...
  5. GingerKing13

88 2.9 4x4 - Which TPS do I need?

I broke the connector on my TPS and need a new one but there are 2 types. There is a Centered Index Slot TPS and an Offset Index Slot TPS. What is the difference and how can you tell? None of my local parts stores have them and I don't want to order both from rock auto and have to ship one...
  6. GingerKing13

1988 2.9L EXT cab 4x4 only lets me use about 10 gallons in the tank?

Ever since I had this truck it would only accept 10-11.5 gallons of fuel when ran until it's starved of fuel on level ground. I've pulled the tank put a new pump/hangar assembly and inspected it for dents etc. Still, I only can get about 10 gallons before it dies... What's the deal here, do I...
  7. GingerKing13

Has Anyone put a Hitch Receiver on the front of a first gen 4X4 Ranger (1983-1988)??

I am trying to find the best way to put a front receiver on my 1988 Ranger XLT 4x4 so that I can throw a winch on there when I'm wheeling and take it off when I'm not and to be able to push trailers around the yard at work. I know there are a few universal receivers out there that can be made to...
  8. GingerKing13

Rebuilt 2.9l check engine light on after 6 miles of break in

I just recently had my 2.9l rebuilt for my 1988 ford ranger 4x4. Break in went well no leaks. However, check engine light just popped on after a test drive... Is this a problem and is there any way to figure out what the issue is? I went with a mechanical oil pressure guage leaving the oil...
  9. GingerKing13

Water Pump Bolts

I need new water pump bolts as they seem to have run off and disappeared... What size, length, and thread pitch do I need and how many? I am rebuilding my 2.9 and due to work and college the process has been dragged along as I just havent had the time to screw with it. The motor is currently...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad