• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. spring thingies

the reason i'm messing with the springs is the truck rides like a truck. it has a removable hard top kit and is my fun truck. it will never see a full load or off road. i'm removing a leaf from the springs to see what that will do towards smoothing out the ride. several years ago i bought the...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) any differences?

don't know what the 94 was. that's what he told me. all that i have left is a trailer made from the bed and back frame. don't remember about the dash. truck had Arizona plates so it may have started life as a Cal truck.
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) any differences?

wow, can't believe. my luck; the crank sensor is the same on both motors. the 95 has it's original motor. the 94 i picked up for the standard trans (i was feed up with the auto trans problem- i went thru i think 6 of them, {3 were aamco, a shitshow in itself}). whether the 94 was so late in...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i went to the 4 stores mentioned above. Napa: no code reader Autozone: no codes showing, try chemicals Advancedauto: no codes, no clue. O'reilly: no codes, suggested a local shop w/ better tech equipment.
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) any differences?

i have a '94 motor that i believe is a 2.3. someone said there may be differences where the crank sensor bolts on from what a '95 2.3 has. apparently ford changed the voltage of the sensors between '94 and '95. i want to overhaul the '94 to make a long block and swap stuff over when i pull my...
  6. spring thingies

thanks. knowing what to look for makes a difference. i looked on google which led to ebay. one of the sets says " First Registration 2009". i think Ranger went from spring front to torsion bar suspension but did the rear suspension change somehow? i can see that i will have to take a spring...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

U G, i do agree with you. but the damn thing only craps out when i am damn near broke. i keep saying 'next time..' but i'm broke again next time. and the new pump didn't fix the problem. in the morning i am going to the napa to have them do that code reader thing. then i am going to advance...
  8. spring thingies

i have an '88 2wd that i am replacing the bushings in the rear springs. while i am at it, i need to replace the pieces that go between the leaves. they seem to be some kind of nylon so the leaves slide easily as they flex. i have no idea what they are called. they are not in the LMC catalogue...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

looks like i knackered the valve to test the fuel pressure. another test run and it was still giving me problems. put a new fuel pump in it yesterday. test run seems ok. my budget will only buy cheap fuel pumps and they only go out when i'm short on cash. Ford put a pump in when they made the...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i will go back to o'reilly tomorrow and recheck in their lot but...i took it for a test run. going great until i got a strong gas smell. opened the hood; the schrader valve was leaking a bit. changed it with parts motor valve. not leaking now. whether that was the problem all along or if i...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i will check compression tomorrow; good way to get out of mowing the lawn! re codes; i know they exist but have no idea how to get them. i bought a code reader to use on my '88 and it baffled me so i took it to o'reilly's. the woman who was a whiz at using the code reader had quit and none of...
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i removed the vacuum line from the intake to the regulator. no gas in it. pressure goes up to 33 psi. i have to keep my thumb on the intake nipple or it stumbles a bit before smoothing out a bit. so i'm not sure if anything is eliminated yet. this is a high mileage motor, about 400k. it starts...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

truck has a power loss. kind of like out of gas but only for a second. tank is full. fuel pressure test shows 10psi when i turn the key on, got to 15psi when running. tested gauge on '88 2.9; 10 psi with key on, 38-40psi when running. retest '95; 10psi key on and running. at idle truck runs...
  14. My 87 Ranger I will be restoring soon I want to keep track of my progress and add information as I find it.

I have been fortunate enough not to have electrical problems in my '88 long bed Ranger. I have been working out mechanical issues before I start minor body work. Rear discs using parts from a 2000 Mustang have proven to be very effective although I still haven't hooked up the E-brake cables. The...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) misfire

95 2.3 with approx 400k on it. random misfire. it will be moving, both cruising and accelerating but never at idle. the first time I thought the injectors had sprayed water. but it only lasts a split second. i am not sure if it is just one cylinder missing or one whole revolution. have since...
  16. Official 4R44E Problem Thread!

have 3 4r44e transmissions in my yard. one is the oem from the '95 2.3 2wd ranger, my daily driver. two is the aamco rebuild; worst idea i ever had. 4 trannies in 3 years then they refused to honor the warranty because my odo is broken. third one is from a '96 with 89k on it. any way to tell...
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) neutral safety switch

crawled under the dash to see what wires you are talking about. mine are multi-colored wires so i wasn't sure which ones i wanted. as i was moving the pedal to see, something fell on me- part of a small plastic clip. hmmm. looked on the O'Reilly site and found the part; Dormann 74014, got it...
  18. 2.3L ('83-'97) Engine swap

i swapped a 94 standard trans into a 95 automatic but kept the 95 motor. was told the motor sensors and cpu would not work due to 94 using DC power and the 95 using AC power for the control systems. i also recollect someone saying that the timing cover was different for the crank sensor...
  19. 2.3L ('83-'97) neutral safety switch

have a '95 xlt. had a 44E trans but after 5 trannies (3 were aamco-HUGE mistake) i put a 5MOD from a 94 in it. 2 years later the safety switch is not switching; step, push, stamp, stomp and maybe, just maybe, it will crank. i am now at the point of looking for parking spots that i can roll out...
  20. are they the same?

i have an '88 long bed Ranger with a 2.9 and auto trans. there is an '88 B2600 for sale near me right now that is 4x4 manual. anything interchangable between them? i think the mazda cabs were different for a while but i don't know for sure

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad