• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 Ford Ranger 2.5 auto with Pre-ignition and shifting problems unless i reset the computer

If it is the baro pressure what could i do to fix the problem?
  2. 99 Ford Ranger 2.5 auto with Pre-ignition and shifting problems unless i reset the computer

Pre ignition happens sporadically it doesnt matter if its cold or hot, clears up after i reset the pcm.. It might be carbon buildup but why clear up after i reset the pcm? Running higher octane did calm the pre igition down but not eliminate it Ill run it with one coil pack and get back with...
  3. 99 Ford Ranger 2.5 auto with Pre-ignition and shifting problems unless i reset the computer

I have a 1999 Ford Ranger automatic that has pre-ignition problems and shifting problems "skips second gear completely" unless i reset the computer by removing the battery terminal for a few minutes. This clears up the problem for about two to three weeks then gradually the problems come back...
  4. Sporadic tranny problems, temp fix= unplug battery

I have a 1999 ford ranger that starts to shift hard from first to second and sometimes drops from second to first for the first five or so miles then smooths out "sometimes". It progressively gets worse until i unplug the terminal and reset the computer. This technique works for about two weeks...
  5. Random valve clatter when accelerating

I bought a 99 ford ranger 2.5L about a year ago and sometimes but not all the time the valves will clatter on acceleration. Some days it will sound perfect some days it clatters. Checked the oil level, no codes, everything has been kept up ie air filter and etc. Added: Since it is random...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad