• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rock Auto discount ?

Thanks, That code works. Now I need to get my order in before March 17.
  2. Rock Auto discount ?

Thanks for the info. That response seems awkward for someone buying parts and working on their own vehicles. The "effectively reset" means they have it figured that very few people will be able to use the discount this way, but it is still offered.
  3. Rock Auto discount ?

Yes I did try those. I haven't found a code yet that has worked.
  4. Rock Auto discount ?

I've tried a few different codes from various websites and so far none of them work. I'll keep searching. It was nice when the code was at the bottom of the forum page.
  5. Rock Auto discount ?

Does anyone know if Rock Auto still has a discount code available? I don't see a current one on this site. Thanks.
  6. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

Installed a new high pressure pump. It is putting out 39 lbs of pressure at the rail. The B2 ran real smooth today. Thanks Uncle Grump for the telepathic diagnosis.
  7. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

Found someone to do a pressure test on the fuel system, and the gauge read 29 lbs. Ordering a high pressure pump tonight.
  8. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

Thanks for the tip on the gauge. It would of been faster and easier for me just to replace the high pressure pump !!
  9. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

Well I thought fuel pressure was an easy thing to check, but not so far. I rented a kit from Autozone and it was defective. I then ordered a kit only to find out it did not have the proper connections to fit the B2. I sent the kit back and am now going to take it in and have the fuel pressure...
  10. For Sale 1988 Bronco II original radio and 2 front speakers

This is an original am fm cassette radio and 2 front speakers and grilles from a 1988 Bronco Ii Eddie Bauer. It did power on but was crackly sounding. These items are good for parts or repair. See top of radio for the factory part number. $40.00 for everything plus actual shipping costs.
  11. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

I will work on getting a fuel pressure tester. Thanks
  12. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

I checked the plug wires and found no rubbing. I removed all of the Autolite AP-105 spark plugs, and a couple had some wear at the tip but all looked to be normal. I installed a new set of Autolite spark plugs AP-105, gapped at 44. I started the engine and it did not solve the rougher idle and...
  13. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

Just recently I noticed at start up, a not as smooth as it used to be running engine. Once in a while it will start and be smooth as it warms, and sometimes it will start up fast but feel rocky as it warms up. Even warm if I hit the gas quickly there is a hesitation before it revs up. It drives...
  14. Bronco 2 owner and love it!

Like the color combination. I have the same one only it is a 1988 automatic. Hope you get it running well.
  15. Fuel gauge reads full or empty 1988 Bronco II with tachometer

Today I swept both sending units. The newer one that has been in the tank reads out fine with no dead spots as I move it slowly from empty to full. I am getting about 70 ohms on empty and it slowly changes to about 10 ohms on full. I reinstalled the newer unit. I have a full tank of gas and...
  16. Fuel gauge reads full or empty 1988 Bronco II with tachometer

This problem has been going on for a few years. The fuel gauge will read either full or drop to empty. I thought I had a float filled with gas, so I bought a new fuel pump and sending unit. If it matters the Bronco II is all original with 62,000 orig miles. The problem is still there. I am...
  17. Tire carrier latch bushing Bronco II

I've got old radiator hoses. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad