• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rock Auto discount ?

Does anyone know if Rock Auto still has a discount code available? I don't see a current one on this site. Thanks.
  2. For Sale 1988 Bronco II original radio and 2 front speakers

This is an original am fm cassette radio and 2 front speakers and grilles from a 1988 Bronco Ii Eddie Bauer. It did power on but was crackly sounding. These items are good for parts or repair. See top of radio for the factory part number. $40.00 for everything plus actual shipping costs.
  3. Bronco II 1988 2.9 engine hesitation warm and cold start up rough running

Just recently I noticed at start up, a not as smooth as it used to be running engine. Once in a while it will start and be smooth as it warms, and sometimes it will start up fast but feel rocky as it warms up. Even warm if I hit the gas quickly there is a hesitation before it revs up. It drives...
  4. Fuel gauge reads full or empty 1988 Bronco II with tachometer

This problem has been going on for a few years. The fuel gauge will read either full or drop to empty. I thought I had a float filled with gas, so I bought a new fuel pump and sending unit. If it matters the Bronco II is all original with 62,000 orig miles. The problem is still there. I am...
  5. Tire carrier latch bushing Bronco II

Are there any tricks to installing the latch bushing for the swing away tire carrier? Does it stay in place once it is cut and slid over the pipe? Does it need to be glued? It looks like the one available is listed for full size Bronco, but measurements look the same for BII. Any help is...
  6. SOLD! Cylinder heads pair 1988 46,000 orig miles 2.9 V-6 $50.00

Up for sale at a great price for someone in need of a pair of cylinder heads from a 1988 Bronco II with 46,000 original miles. The heads have no known issues. They need to be cleaned up and exhaust manifold studs removed. $50.00 for the pair. Local pick up is OK. I do have a shipping box for...
  7. For Sale Cylinder Heads 1988 Bronco II 2.9 V-6 46,000 orig miles

For sale a nice pair of original cylinder heads out of a 1988 Bronco II 2.9 V-6 with 46,000 orig miles. These heads are in good running condition with no heat stress or cracks. This Bronco II was owned new by an elderly couple and saw little use. They do need the exhaust manifold bolts extracted...
  8. Electronic 4 wheel drive pushbutton overhead interior console removal

I have pulled on it, yanked on it, looked for some type of attaching hardware and cannot remove the overhead electronic console for the 4 wheel control inside my 1988 Bronco II. I would appreciate any insight you may have.
  9. For Sale Locking Manual Hubs Pair New in Box

Up for sale is a brand new pair of Milemarker P/N 427 manual locking hubs for a 1983-1989 4X4 Ranger or Bronco II. See picture. $80.00 plus actual shipping to the 48 states
  10. Fuel Rail 1988 Bronco II 2.9 V-6

Fuel rail for a 1988 2.9 V-6. It is cleaned, painted and ready to go. make an offer. I will ship at your expense. It weighs about 5 lbs in a box. PM for more info.
  11. Cylinder Heads 86TM pair 46,000 orig miles 1988 2.9 V-6

Pair of cylinder heads from a 1988 Bronco II 2.9 V-6. They are stamped 86TM and have 46,000 orig miles. They have no heat damage. They do need to be cleaned up and have the exhaust manifold bolts extracted. Make an offer. I can ship these at your expense, they weigh 40 lbs. PM for more info.
  12. Auto shifter handle plastic rod

I have searched and cannot find a replacement for the internal plastic rod that moves up and down when the auto shift handle button is pressed. Any one know ? Thanks
  13. Cylinder heads pair 1988 Bronco II

Up for sale is a pair of cylinder heads from a 1988 Bronco II 2.9 with just 46,000 orig miles. They have no heat stress issues or damage. The exhaust studs need to be removed, and they need to be cleaned up. They are located in Southern Arizona. $100.00 for the pair. Local pick up only.
  14. Mystery coolant leak

I have been getting a small coolant puddle only when the system is under pressure. I've used an inspection mirror around the heads, intake, all core plugs, and it all looks dry. The closest I can come to seeing where it originates is the rear corner of the drivers side oil pan has a visible drip...
  15. center console LED warning lights

This just started the other day. When I step on the brake pedal the red brake light warning LED in the center console display comes on. All of my exterior lights work fine. Any ideas ?
  16. Erratic cold start RPM fluctuation

1988 B2 2.9 auto trans. No engine codes and runs excellent when warm. Every time I do a cold start the engine starts very quickly and then immediately starts to jump up and down in RPM's. It will go to 1200 rpm's and then jump back and forth to 500 rpm's real quickly ( engine rocking back and...
  17. A4LD Torque converter or engine issue ?

I have a 1988 Bronco II with the A4LD automatic transmission and 47,000 orig miles and sat for 12 years. The transmission shifts great from 1-2-3-4 but acts erratic at torque converter lock-up. Sometimes the TC will lock-up and stay locked up as long as it needs. Other times it will rapidly kick...
  18. Rear view mirror interior size

What size interior rear view mirror was used form Ford for the 1988 Bronco II ? I see 8", 10", 12" replacements available. I bought an 8" from Autozone and it is designed poorly because it wiggles up and down, and vibrates at certain speeds. Has anyone used a brand that works good ? Thanks.
  19. 1988 Bronco II computer codes

Hello, I have a 1988 Bronco II. Cold start is surges up and down for a minute or 2 then it will run rich for a minute or 2, then it changes to a non rich condition. It will repeat this a few times before warm up. Then when warm it runs excellent. Engine light will come on but not stay on all of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad