• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rear brake shoe freezing up??

The drums are only about a year old. I dont think he checked for roundness. He took everything apart and cleaned.
  2. Rear brake shoe freezing up??

I got in to the mechanic a few days back. He found a seized adjuster and a missing inspection plug.Its been cold here for the last few weeks but today is nice and mild. Tonight it is getting cold again. Hopefully it's fixed!
  3. Rear brake shoe freezing up??

I have been having a problem with my 03 xlt ranger this winter. If the temperature warms up and goes above the freezing mark...then suddenly drops again the rear passenger brake is stuck on the next morning..Happened again this morning. had to put in 4x4 and put it in reverse and give it a bit...
  4. Fast And Effective Fix!

...Had the dreaded rear end binding in my 03 xlt 4x4. Had no idea what it was...but it had been getting worse over the past few months. Slow right and left turns from a stop were rewarded with heavy binding/ vibration that I thought was coming from the front....but with the help of a buddy made...
  5. Measurement Question

...I have a 2003 xlt 4×4 with 245/75 16" tires. The torsion bar settings are all out of whack. Can someone give me an idea what the stock lift measurement should be from the bottom of the front lower wheel whell to the pavement should be? My truck does NOT have fender flares/ mouldings. Thanks
  6. Torsion bar cranked on one side only!??

I have always found that this 2003 xlt drove like a tank. I put new shocks on and it didn't help out the front much. I figured it was because I put cheap shocks on it ...A couple of days ago a buddy at work was checking things out under the truck. He said somebody cranked up the torsion bar to...
  7. A true bolt on

2003 ford ranger xlt 4.0. I want to buy a flowmaster super 10 cbe. Single in...dual outlet..pipes straight out to the back under the bumper. Which size inlet do I need so me and my buddy can install it ourselves...2.25 or 2.50? Thanks
  8. How's this for mileage?

...2003 xlt 4.0 automatic with winter tires still on. 315 .miles till the fuel light came on. Not bad?
  9. Torsion Bars Already Cranked??

I have a 2003 ranger xlt 4x4. It has the stock 245/75 16 tires on it. I found the ride harsh from the front so I had some new Monroe shocks installed. Didn't help all. ...Buddy at work said my front torsion bars are probably cranked up. I bought the truck used last year. The front measures 34"...
  10. Are these the correct parking brake cables???

...I recently picked up a rear left and right parking brake cables for my 2003 xlt 4x4 " extended cab " from a discount parts store, and they are not holding right. With the parking brake on if you apply a bit of gas the truck will lurch ahead. In guessing they gave me cables for a regular cab...
  11. Junkyard Find Of The Week!

...Found a k@n intake with the maf sensor and housing attached in decent shape for $40. Retail on just the intake is $300 so it was a good find. Lost some bottom end but works better when kicking it down at 55-60 mph to pass people. Mileage is up 2 mpg as well
  12. Most Repairs..... In A Year???

...Just curious who has had needed the most repairs in the their first year of ranger ownership? I bought my 03 xlt 4x4 with 70,000 miles showing back around January for $3000. Its s good thing I got it cheap because this thing has been a money pit. It had a fresh legal inspection on it but as...
  13. Change in Design?

Why do brake calipers cost twice as much for a 03 ranger compared to the 02 model? I see listings up to 2002....then from 2003 on. There is no way 02 calipers would fit in my 03? Thanks
  14. A Little Rim Work

...What a little work can do with a wire wheel. I was going to paint them black...but I might just clear coat them.
  15. $30 bumper/grill makeover

...Decided to sand and paint my chrome bumpers, plastic and grill with rocker guard.
  16. Air Box Mod X2

...I noticed the first time I did this mod, I was averaging another 2 mpg. Then in an attempt to find out why my truck was cutting out ( another thread ), I reinstalled the tube and forgot about it. ...Recently I decided to test it again. Once again I removed the tube, did some testing and am up...
  17. No Compressor Bypass Pulley Available??

...After the last " Adventure " of changing the plugs/ wires on the passenger side of this 03 xlt 4.0....I want all of the ac and related hardware gone! I have never had a need for air conditioning where I live, so I would rather free up some space under the hood. ...I can find a compressor...
  18. Different 4x4 factory lift height between model/years?

...Even though the previous owner stated that this 2003 4x4 xlt has no lift kit in it....im starting to doubt it. I have noticed that in comparison to other ranger 4x4's, it appears to be sitting taller. Today I parked beside my uncle's 08 ranger 4x4...and mine is a bit higher. ....Just curious...
  19. THIS is why I need a 4x4!

...After 24 hours of snow...i had to put the ranger's 4x4 to the test. I had to make my own road with the ranger. Had to put it in 4x4 low and go back and forth plowing the snow up over the hood.
  20. MAF sensor cleaned today...WOW!

...So I bought this 2003 xlt 4.0 4x4 automatic about 2 months back. My house and job are located just off the highway so it's easy to accurately calculate fuel consumption. I travel the same route daily. 100 km/h (62 mph)..and it's 25 miles one way. ...when I first got the truck I was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad