• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1999Mazda Central Florida

'99 Mazda B2500 charcoal canister replacement: tips and cautionary advice welcome

My fuel fill ups have been gradually getting more and more annoying as the gas pump shuts off (pressure build up) after only a slight amount. After searching around a bit more and describing the situation to a mechanic I was informed that the charcoal canister is likely the culprit. I'm...
  2. 1999Mazda Central Florida

1999 Mazda/Ford intermittent near stall and stall at red lights and after coming to stop...

The stalling or wanting to stall issue is intermittent. It only happens when coming to a stop (while winding down to idle.) It will mostly almost stall, but picks back up at the last second before stalling and if I have a load (like A/C or while turning) it will stall. It always restarts...
  3. 1999Mazda Central Florida

1999 B2500-Getting ready for catalytic converter replacement

I'm getting set to replace my catalytic converter on the '99 2.5L. It sounds like it either has a hole or it's cracked, and I have slight loss of power, but no check engine light. Looks straight-forward (2 bolts at the exhaust manifold) and a clamp with springs on other end. That whole section...
  4. 1999Mazda Central Florida

FYI: Ford Ranger headlights do not fit Mazda

My fault completely for not doing the "check size fit for your vehicle" before ordering from Amazon. I assumed the Ford Ranger headlights would fit, but the clips are made different and the attachment positions are slightly different. I have a '99 Mazda and many parts are interchangeable with...
  5. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Accidentally dropped the tip of Lucas oil tx. bottle into 5 speed transmission...now what?

A simple job turned bad...I was testing the angle so as I could pour some Lucas tx. into 5 speed transmission ('99 Mazda B2500,) and accidentally dropped the cone shaped plastic cap (about half inch) into the gear case housing. It had been drained already and I was ready to refill when it...
  6. 1999Mazda Central Florida

2019 Ranger transmission going into 1990 Defender 90

A friend of mine Patrick is restoring some vehicles (one of which is a 1990 Land Rover Defender 90.) He is scrapping the motor and transmission/transfer from the Defender 90 and giving it a transplant: a 2017 Ford turbo-diesel eco-boost and is mating it to the only transmission that would be...
  7. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Dreaded Mazda/Ford wipers spontaneously turning on...

Regarding 1999 Mazda/Ford or approximate years around that time: I've heard this was a well known Ford-ism: the dreaded phantom wiper intermittently-spontaneously turning on. I saw a Youtube vid that showed how to clean the connectors (built into the handle,) but that did not work. I then...
  8. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Are Ford and Mazda doors the same size? (interchangeable?)

I had a gas station cement pole jump out and hit my passenger side door on my Mazda B2500...Ok, well actually I took the turn too sharp and ran into the cement pole but... ouch:cautious: I can get a new stripped, but primed door Ford Ranger door for like around $250 but will it fit the Mazda?
  9. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Question about stock Ford EOM vs. afer-market rotors

Can you give an idea of how much better the EOM brake rotors are compared to aftermarket rotors? Looks like I'm set to replace my rotors ('99 Mazda b2500) and was suggested to get the factory Ford rotors. My friend just did his rotors and I watched him do it. One thing was he got new grease...
  10. 1999Mazda Central Florida

'99 B2500 brake rotors: EOM vs. aftermarket comparison

Can you give an idea of how much better the EOM brake rotors are compared to aftermarket rotors? Looks like I'm set to replace my rotors and was suggested to get the factory Ford rotors. My friend just did his rotors and I watched him do it. One thing was he got new grease caps and the new...
  11. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Thanks for being here!

I'm a1999 Mazda (Ford Ranger) owner who appreciates my b2500 and glad to be able to peruse suggestions and comments on this venerable little truck. Good to know I'm up to 180K miles with no red dash lights and runs good with average 20 MPG. Only thing I did was have timing belt replaced (with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad