• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Daniel Black

Do I really need the radius arm crossmember?

My Uncle came up with a plan to cut out the center between the headers. This way the sway bar can still be bolted back up and we can bolt in a small piece of flat stock to strengthen it back up. With a little twisting and turning the bellhousing went back in with the extra room and now it's...
  2. Daniel Black

Do I really need the radius arm crossmember?

1987 Ranger,2WD, 302, Toploader 4-speed. I've had two different 302s in the truck but both times it was removed and installed with the bellhousing already bolted up to the block. I never thought about the need for removing the bellhousing under the truck. Now I've blown the trans and need to...
  3. Daniel Black

2002 Ranger low idle

Yes, it's an automatic.
  4. Daniel Black

2002 Ranger low idle

I picked up an '02 Edge 4x4 cheap to try and make some money on. The previous owner had a new trans installed then this problem started a couple months later so he got disgusted and parked it. It sat since May 2019. I had to replace the fuel pump to get it started so I drained the gas and...
  5. Daniel Black

Career crisis!!

I haven't posted back in a while. I ended up working at the oil change place til the end of January while I patiently searched for a career, not a job, I could retire from. Since February 1st I've worked at a Milk factory. I don't think milk will ever go away. I was reluctant to work in a...
  6. Daniel Black

need flexplate for 302

I have an E0 motor from a pickup torn apart in the shed. It's a 2-piece rear seal but also a 50oz offset. When you see the later 50oz or "lightweight" crankshafts you can spot them from a mile away. They look totally different than an old crankshaft.
  7. Daniel Black

Career crisis!!

The job I took was at a Sam's Club. Seemed like it would be a good job when I applied for it. Full benefits and $2 more an hour than my previous job working on cars. After two and half weeks of hating it more by the day I talked to the manager to see if there was a different job available I...
  8. Daniel Black

Career crisis!!

Little back story. I'm 36 years old and my wife and I have a 4 month old baby girl. She's a stay at home Mom. We still rent a home. I've mostly always worked on cars/trucks other than a couple years driving a forklift. I recently left the shop I worked at for the last 6 years. The new job seemed...
  9. Daniel Black

Any toploader experts here?

It's from an '85 F150. Identical to the old bells except it has the bracket for external slave cylinder.
  10. Daniel Black

Thanks for the info. I found an extended pilot bushing that's supposed to work but I haven't installed it yet.
  11. Daniel Black

1995 Mustang convertible?

I went back and looked the car over real good. I couldn't get under the car but from what I could see and feel the floorpans a rockers are in good shape. It has a fiberglass cowl hood that the clear coat is peeling off of. The only Saleen part I found was the roll bar. The front bumper cover is...
  12. Daniel Black

That's another concern of mine is power. My 302 runs pretty good in the Ranger but a convertible Mustang probably has 800lbs on it. Plus I think the car has some junk rear gear like a 3.08.
  13. Daniel Black

I was hoping it would have some value and be easier to sell than my Ranger. If it was a hardtop or a car I was really into I might go for it. I have a hard time seeing myself in a red convertible. This might not be the car for me.
  14. Daniel Black

First off, I'm diehard Ford but I've never owned a Mustang before. I'm a pickup guy. I did have an '88 5.0 Thunderbird in high school but that's pretty much it for me and cars. I can pick up a pretty nice '95 with no motor for $800. This was a V6 car that was converted to a carbed 302 still...
  15. Daniel Black

The one I can get is from a '66 Fairlane with a 390 and has the small 1-1/16 input. It's just too short. My transmission has lost the 3rd gear synchro and he said it could be a couple different things causing it to pop out of 2nd gear. He wouldn't know for sure til he got inside it.
  16. Daniel Black

My toploader 4-speed I use in my Ranger has seen better days. I was quoted $700 plus parts for the rebuild. My buddy has one that I know is good for $600 but it's for an FE motor. This means the snout on the input shaft barely reaches in my 302 pilot bushing. The trans guy pretty much quoted me...
  17. Daniel Black

1st gen radio delete bezel

Does anyone have a photo of an '83-88 dash with radio delete? Is it a plate or part of the dash/cluster bezel? My '87 came radio delete but it looks like they had to cut the opening out of the trim to put a radio in. Oddly they hadn't bothered to add any speakers so I still have the speaker...
  18. Daniel Black

Learn from my mistake

Yeah, it came with plugs for the two ports I didn't use. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with the block part leaking. You just have to get lucky where it tightens up at. I guess it could tighten where you couldn't get a line on any of the ports.
  19. Daniel Black

Learn from my mistake

I used this kit.
  20. Daniel Black

Learn from my mistake

I use the Trans-Dapt block mounted part that came with their motor mount kit. The PermaCool filter mount is still leaking. Not enough to be super concerned but enough to make a mess.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad