• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A few questions regarding swapping parts from a 2.9L donor vehicle

So, I have a 1990 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 with a manual Transmission. I recently came across someone selling another 2.9L motor out of a 1990 ranger for $250 and I'm debating picking it up as a spare engine. But this donor vehicle is definitely automatic trans and I don't think its 4x4 though I'm not...
  2. Manual HUB Locknut Wheel Bearing woes

OK, Let me give a bit of backstory. 1990 Ranger 2.9L 4x4. a while back I replaced my Auto HUBS with Warn manual HUBs, I also did new brakes (rotors, pads, and hoses) (My mistake/lesson learned. I did not replace or properly regrease the wheel bearings) Fast forward a month later, I'm out...
  3. HUB Replacement Help

1990 Ford Ranger 4x4 2.9L with Dana 35 Front Axle on 31s. I was replacing the front brakes over the weekend and when I was pulling the locking hubs apart I noticed the Plastic Cam on the Drivers Side was Busted.(probably would explain the clicking in 4x4) Also the splined thrust washer was...
  4. 2nd gen Front Recovery Point Location help

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, please move if so. I have a 1990 Ford ranger 4x4 Standard cab, Long bed. 2.9L V6. I've been getting the truck off-road ready and recently came to the realization that getting stuck is not the ideal time to realize I don't have any good recovery...
  5. 2nd gen lift to fit 31s

I keep finding conflicting information I bought a 1990 Ranger 2.9L 4x4. It came with 245x45x20 tires on it. I'm wanting to turn the truck into a mild mud toy while still being able to haul stuff on the streets. Its not a DD, but I don't want it too crazy. My vision for the truck includes a...
  6. Questions on Explorer Leaf Spring and Seat swap

Hello all, My local pick a part is having a 40% off all parts sale this weekend, so I figured this is as good of time as any to pick up some used parts. I have a 1990 Ranger 2.9L V6 4x4 Manual Transmission. Std. Cab, long bed I know these subjects have kinda been beat like a dead horse, but...
  7. 95-97 Brakes on 90 4x4

While trying to figure out why my parking brake light and rabs light are both on, I decided I was going to overhaul the brake system on 1990 2.9L 4x4 Ranger, (Rotors, pads, Calipers, Hoses) and figured why not upgrade to the bigger rotors and 2 piston calipers from the 95-97 rangers. I have a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad