• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. markinms

Header Question

If you have a 1st Gen Ranger/Bronco II (87 in my case) 4X4, no body lift (I do have a 4" suspension lift), 302/5.0 with AOD trans, and have headers installed, what brand and model number of headers are you using? If you have headers, did you have make any special modifications to get them to...
  2. markinms

Intermittent No-Crank Condition

Intermittent no-crank condition. Sometimes it'll start, other times it won't. I've replaced the key tumbler, ignition switch, starter relay, and transmission neutral safety switch. Battery is fully charged. No improvement. I get power to the starter relay when key is turned to the "start"...
  3. markinms

1st Gen Ranger/BII 4X4 Radiator Question

Anyone use an Explorer V8 radiator in their 1st Gen Ranger/BII 4X4 V8 swap? If so, what problems, issues, modifications, etc. did you experience? The Explorer 4.0 radiator won't work for me due to clearance issues with the upper radiator hose and Explorer FEAD alternator pulley. I'm trying to...
  4. markinms

Anyone running American Racing AR62 Outlaw II Rims? Questions!

Anyone running American Racing AR62 Outlaw II Rims on a 84-88 Ranger/BII 4X4? These rims come with a -19mm Offset and 3.75" Backspacing. If you're using these, do you have any fitment or clearance issues? Thanks for any feedback!
  5. markinms

For Sale For Sale Bronco II Suspension Parts

The following items were purchased to do a 2" lift on my 87 BII 4X4. Shortly after I installed the Rough Country 4" lift. All parts have less than 500 miles on them. Rear leaf springs 2" lift blocks Rear shocks Rough Country 1.5" front springs Front shocks Pickup only in Columbus MS. $200
  6. markinms

My BII has started going dead; no battery power. Ideas?

Looking for advice. My 87 BII has started going dead unexpectantly. No headlights, no inside lights, no power anywhere; I mean dead. Runs and drives fine one minute then the next, nothing. I can jump start it and it'll fire right up and run great. It's a crap-shoot whether it'll start back...
  7. markinms

Wanted V8 Swap Headers Wanted

Looking to buy a set of Advance Adapters V8 Swap Headers for a 1st Gen Bronco II/Ranger 4X4. Company has discontinued them and sold all inventory. If you bought some and decided not to use, please me know.
  8. markinms

Anyone running 32" tires on a 4" lifted 84-87 BII

Anyone running 32" tires on a 4" Suspension lifted 84-87 BII? Any rubbing issues? Pictures would be appreciated!
  9. markinms

87 BII 4" Suspension Lift - What Brake Lines to Use?

I'm getting ready to install a 4" suspension lift on my 87 BII 4X4. If you've done this as well, what brake lines did you go with for added length?
  10. markinms

Any driveshaft issues with Rough Country 4" Suspension lift?

87 BII 4X4. Looking to do a 4" suspension lift. Any driveshaft issues with Rough Country 4" Suspension lift I need to be concerned with? Thanks!
  11. markinms

What radiator are you using in a Gen 1 Ranger/BII Swap?

If you swapped an Explorer 5.0 or a standard 5.0 using the Explorer FEAD into a 1st Gen Ranger/BII and kept the a/c, what radiator are you using? Thanks!
  12. markinms

Pics of 15X8 rims on your vehicle

I'm wanting to buy a set of American Racing AR23 rims. They are 15X8" with a 3.75" backspace and -19mm offset. Tires I have are 255/70R15. Tire shop says these rims will extend too far out from the body and recommends I get something with a zero offset. This is not available with the rims I...
  13. markinms

Wanted Dash/gauge cluster with tach for 87 BII 4X4

I'm looking for a dash/gauge cluster with tachometer for an 87 BII 4X4. Thanks!
  14. markinms

In-tank Fuel Pump Replacement Hatch/Cut-out

First off, I looked for a fuel category in the Forum with no luck. So I'm here looking for some help. I'd like to cut an opening over my fuel tank (87 BII 4X4) to replace the fuel pump. I have a piece of flooring from another BII I'll be using to make a hatch/cover when I'm done. Has anyone...
  15. markinms

Rough Country 1.5 inch Lift Springs

Anyone using the Rough Country 1.5 in Lift/Leveling Spring? If so, are you happy with them? Thanks! Mark
  16. markinms

After Swap Header Install?

When I did my 87 BII 4X4 5.0 AOD swap I went with a set of 96 Xplorer cast iron exhaust manifolds. I now have a set of BII/Ranger V8 swap headers I can use but don't really want to go through the hassle of pulling the motor again. Have any of you installed headers after you completed your swap...
  17. markinms

Right rear taillight has constant power to it. Draining battery. What could be wrong?

I'm helping a friend with an electrical issue. The battery discharges and eventually goes dead within 2-3 days. With engine off and key off, the right rear taillight remains on. If we tap the taillight lense the light will go out, if we tap it again the light will come on. Only does this on...
  18. markinms

Wanted Steering Wheel Horn Pad, Non Cruise, Red

I'm looking for a steering wheel horn pad, red/maroon, non-cruise for my 87 BII.
  19. markinms

1st Gen Ranger/BII users, what radiator are you using with your V8 swap & a/c?

1st gen BII/Ranger users. If your V8 swap was with an Explorer 5.0, or a V8 with the Explorer FEAD, and you've got your A/C working, what radiator are you using? I'm currently using a radiator that was made for a Ranger/BII V8 swap. It works great but mounts way too forward to be able to...
  20. markinms

What Plug Wires Are You Using?

Engine is a 1990 5.0L. I'm using stock exhaust manifolds from a 1996 Explorer. Driver's side is fine; passenger side not so much. Passenger side exhaust manifold is configured for smog (I have it plugged). Because of this configuration, exhaust outlets/runners on cylinders 2 & 3 make...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad